Need help troubleshooting my miserable DSL

I have been doomed since eternity with this miserable adsl connection, and now I want to try to fix it before I lose my sanity.

This connection can only offer 1 Mbps at best conditions (even though it is a 2mbps plan), and at some times it sloes down to 0.5 mbps.

I don't really know where should I start but here is some observations I noticed: 1- Our close neighbour suffers from the same issues

2- My dying g router keeps resting from some reason 

3- My father did suggest that the wiring could be missed up

4- attempting to do any multiplayer gaming results in jumpy ping

So is the problem from my end or ISP end? Can I fix it? Will I have to pay loads to fix while my ISP does nothing?

Here are the statistics:

3712544489.png

104815401.png

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

668 ping?

Yeah this explains why bf4 was unplayable

Pascal laptops guide

Yeah I'm sitting pretty good on my wireless

post-107252-0-87599100-1408971341.jpg

@Castdeath97 Run this, and post the link to your results once it's done. That can help diagnose things. Ideally, do a wired, AND wireless test.

Yeah I'm sitting pretty good on my wireless

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-08-04 at 4.16.33 PM.jpg

Instead of showing off... why not try to help OP?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

@Castdeath97 Run this, and post the link to your results once it's done. That can help diagnose things. Ideally, do a wired, AND wireless test.

Instead of showing off... why not try to help OP?

http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca208a-12535-c2ebd273-e050-4ad7-ae66 here are the wireless results, I'm working on getting the wired soon.

Pascal laptops guide

Network buffer measurements (?): Uplink 1700 ms, Downlink 819 ms –

We estimate your uplink as having 1700 ms of buffering. This is quite high, and you may experience substantial disruption to your network performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large uploads. With such a buffer, real-time applications such as games or audio chat can work quite poorly when conducting large uploads at the same time.

We estimate your downlink as having 820 ms of buffering. This level can in some situations prove somewhat high, and you may experience degraded performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large downloads. Real-time applications, such as games or audio chat, may also work poorly when conducting large downloads at the same time.

Yeah, do a wired ASAP. That buffering is extremely high. Could, and I'm hoping it is, just your router's WiFi buffer, if it's not, your router is the problem, or worse, your modem. IF you're like a lot of people with the hybrid modem/ wireless home router then it's the modem itself, and you need to contact your ISP.

Personally, I've NEVER seen buffering that high, that's a new one for me.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Ask for a DSLAM move to a less congested DSLAM and a port rebuild. Get them to check the line to see the condition of it, who noes you might have an battery on the line (water in the pit) An RADIUS check normally resolve if the line is the cause.

Sorry guys, for some reason results don't show in my wired connection I tried turning off the antivirus and java security down, but it just carries the test and doesn't show any results.

Pascal laptops guide

Ask for a DSLAM move to a less congested DSLAM and a port rebuild. Get them to check the line to see the condition of it, who noes you might have an battery on the line (water in the pit) An RADIUS check normally resolve if the line is the cause.

Can you elaborate more, I'm not good with networks.

Pascal laptops guide

Not going to go into major detail for it. But if you call your ISP too check the congestion on your current DSLAM, they are entitled to if asked to move your line to a less congested one, freeing up congestion and yourself getting bandwidth down the line.

You can also ask them to check the line to see if there is any issues with the line.  They can check the line and can tell you exactly what is on your line and the condition of it to pin point a fault. They do track where your line passess through like, how many service pits there are, how many cabients there are are e.t.c to distinguish what line performance you should be getting at the demarcation point (demarcation point is the point to your house the ISP stops at, like your home modem ADSL point)

Port rebuild is a process ISP's take to reconfigure your DSLAM. Basically flashes/retrains your DSLAM.

The modern DSLAM can be monitored remotely now, unlike the old ones where a tech had to go on site to check it.