Thermaktake 600 watt...psu

manny729

So I had a guy get me a psu at the time so ended getting this psu which I started getting random shut downs ill be checking my email then pc just shut down it work for 12 hours fine then out of the blue it shut down when u atleast expect it

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153166

Sabertooth fx990 r2.0 8 gigs of gskill gpu ti superclock adata ssd 256 and wd 4tb my cpu averages about 34c I 5 led fans..can some recomend a better psu.

Your link is broken...

But get a PSU from EVGA, Corsair, or Seasonic.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Try putting your computer under some sort of heavy load. If your computer shuts down then you can safely say it's your PSU. I usually use Unigine valley when testing my power consumption because it stresses both the CPU and and GPU a fair bit.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Im gonna rma weird how it works for 12 hours then shuts down when u atleast expected

Im gonna rma weird how it works for 12 hours then shuts down when u atleast expected

Did you try what i said? If it doesn't fail under load then it might be something else causing the problem. I mean it still could be the PSU in that situation but either way you should try.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

My friend told me it could be that i dont have enough power to run my 2 front led fans plus I have 5 in total 2 on top and 1 in the middle of the case then watercooling fan he told me unplug my front fans to see

My friend told me it could be that i dont have enough power to run my 2 front led fans plus I have 5 in total 2 on top and 1 in the middle of the case then watercooling fan he told me unplug my front fans to see

Your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. Fans use like 3W of power.

My cpu is amd fx9590 220watts 6 fans including watercooling fan 1 ssd 1 4tb and 8 gig gskill any one recomend a better psu to power all that price range 120

My cpu is amd fx9590 220watts 6 fans including watercooling fan 1 ssd 1 4tb and 8 gig gskill any one recomend a better psu to power all that price range 120

http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-supernova-750-g2-80-f0-94405-1360.htm?gclid=COn63O6brcACFZSIfgodlX4APg

What graphics card do you have? It doesn't matter what fans, ssd, and ram you have when taking power usage into consideration btw. Your GPU and CPU use the majority of the power. I'd appreciate it if you can answer my last question as well.

Not sure how used that unigine valley

It's a benchmarking program to give you a score of how good your graphics card is. Open it and select preset: Extreme HD. Then click run. You can click "benchmark" at the top left while it's running to get a score of your graphics card if you want but really we just want to see if your computer turns off during this program.

Didnt shut off ..?Iattachicon.gifess1408931532577.jpg

Hmm weird. So your temps are fine and your PC doesn't shut down during load but it will turn off while checking your emails...? I can't say with confidence that your PSU is to blame in that situation even though it could still be. You could try running valley for about 30 mins (you don't have to click benchmark) and see if it shuts down during that.

If you had a different power supply to test that would be ideal but if you do end up buying a new one the EVGA Supernova G2 is very good. Just make sure you get the G2 rather than G1.

When it shuts down I get in my windows 8.1 event log says kernel power event id 41

When it shuts down I get in my windows 8.1 event log says kernel power event id 41

What type of CPU cooler do you have? I doubt it has to do with temps since it doesn't shutdown during valley but will shut down while checking email but i'd still like to know.

I let my pc run from 3pm to 9am never shut off other day when shuts off I cant power on I have to click the power botton in back of psu to turn it back on

H55 ..my cpu is at 35 c and mb at 30c

Load temps are what matters the most since your CPU will usually clock itself down anyway so idle temps don't really mean anything in this situation. I'd say go ahead and RMA the PSU but the shipping costs, packaging and time might not be with your trouble though. Even if you do RMA it i personally wouldn't feel confident with a thermaltake power supply in my system.

It happen a few times now ill be on firefox then unexpectedly it shutts off only way to turn on is hit power switch in back of psu then it turn back on

Ill buy a better one I just dont know how to install a psu thx for helping me was very thoughtful

Ill buy a better one I just dont know how to install a psu thx for helping me was very thoughtful

No problem man. Installing a power supply is very easy just watch some video's etc you will have no troubles.

Unplug everything that the power supply goes to (Motherboard 24-pin, motherboard 8-pin, graphics card 6/8pin, hard drive sata) then unscrew and remove the power supply. Then screw the new one in and plugin everything =)

use some form of marking on your old PSU cables

so you know which plugs goes to where

masking tape and a marker pen helps a lot

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.