Repairing a cracked laptop screen

Phenom

Hey everyone, being the clutz that I am I managed to sit on my girlfriends laptop, and crack her laptop screen, she has a touch-screen laptop, HP Envy TouchSmart 15, I've found the part no. for the screen, and there is a non-touch version available.

When she went to her local computer store they quoted her $500 for the repair, and when I looked up the price of the display it was about $400 for the touch screen, and only about $80 for the non-touch screen, they also told her that the non-touch screen version wouldn't work on her computer, and that it would conflict. I believe this to be false. But there is some doubt in my mind and I'm wondering if any of you have any idea as to whether we can just install the non-touch version.

Thanks.

I would go for it for it, its not a lot and if it doesnt work you can always return it

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else have any ideas? If they have any exact confirmation 

Connection between the screen and the main board could be different between the two screens. If they are the same connection your sol probably but if it's two separate connections it should be fine with a non touch screen.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti