CPU cooler good enough?

YodaSoda33
Go to solution Solved by Clyne,

Gaming most of the time

then you should get a hyper 212 evo, would give you lower temps, oc better and more quiet, The stock fan would be okay but isn't that good to use as a cpu fan, i would suggest the hyper 212 evo

here's a sound test.

Just wandering about the cpu cooler, i have an i7 4790K and i want to enable the turbo boost.Would the stock cooler be good enough? if not would the hyper 212 evo do the trick? thanks in advance

For turbo boost, yes. Overclocking, no. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

for normal use and not anything intense then it would be okay, if your gaming most of the time then get the hyper 212 evo. using turbo boost would be okay

Yeah Hyper 212 evo is the way to go. I have one I can sell you for cheap if you live close to me. Stock cooler, to me, says "I don't care about my rig."

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

Yeah Hyper 212 evo is the way to go. I have one I can sell you for cheap if you live close to me. Stock cooler, to me, says "I don't care about my rig."

i'm still using a stock cooler and i care about my rig

If you're not pushing your processor past it's stock frequencies, the stock cooler will be fine. There is no need to buy a different cooler until you decide (And if your hardware will allow) you to overclock.

bloomfield is teh bes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i'm still using a stock cooler and i care about my rig

Do YOU want my 212 evo? haha

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

Do YOU want my 212 evo? haha

no, local pc store is sold out of 212 evo, i'm waiting for it to be in stock so i can buy one.

no, local pc store is sold out of 212 evo, i'm waiting for it to be in stock so i can buy one.

It's a pretty dang good cooler for 35 bucks. I had my 3770k at 3.5ghz (edit - 4.5) stable for a long time on it

It's a pretty dang good cooler for 35 bucks. I had my 3770k at 3.5ghz stable for a long time on it

3.5 is base clock for the 3770k. I hope to God it's stable.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It's a pretty dang good cooler for 35 bucks. I had my 3770k at 3.5ghz stable for a long time on it

i had my eyes on it ever since i built my computer

Nah that's ok but thanks.

3.5 is base clock for the 3770k. I hope to God it's stable.

I mean 4.5 oi it's late.

Gaming most of the time

then you should get a hyper 212 evo, would give you lower temps, oc better and more quiet, The stock fan would be okay but isn't that good to use as a cpu fan, i would suggest the hyper 212 evo

here's a sound test.