GeForce GTX 770 10% Faster Than Radeon HD 7970 GHz

kamaltmo

So from the moment it costs more than 35 euros more than a 7970, there's no reason to buy a 770... I'm not impressed.

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

I hate misleading graphs where they chop off the bottom :/ it makes it look like the difference in performance is much larger than it is.

That's why Linus told Slick not to make graphs like that anymore. Very misleading.

I always LOVE to get benchmarks with #'s and no details as to how it was benchmarked. What settings, what aa, or what scene. Was tressFX enabled on Tomb Raider? I gotta wait for more benchmarks and more information before I start judging.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

It's worth noting it hardly has any lead at all at 1600p... only about 5%. Hopefully it'll be decently priced to make it more appealing..

This means that as long as the 770 is the same price as the 7970 then we actually have a fight. But we all know Nvidia will probably price it higher and thus it's not really going to be a good buy anyway. Not counting the games you get with the Radeon.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

This means that as long as the 770 is the same price as the 7970 then we actually have a fight. But we all know Nvidia will probably price it higher and thus it's not really going to be a good buy anyway. Not counting the games you get with the Radeon.

If its the same price I will be going for the 770 since I personally prefer NVidia  and already have the games AMD offers but if its more expensive which it most probably will be ill be getting the 7970 GHz 

On the plus side it will be quieter and look better, if rumours are correct, but it all depends on the price...

second image makes me hopfull about getting 3x GTX 780's :D

Character artist in the Games industry.

I'll wait for benchmarks using both 7970 and 770 overclocked (manually, not fancy OC/GHz editions).

As you can see in Tomb Rider the difference is not very high... (spot the error in the graph)

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Definately, the games bundle is enough for any one buying a gaming grade card to reconsider and the fact that as usual, some small performance increase that costs a lot more money isn't always what people go for. People want value for money, money doesn't grow on trees!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Reviews should be coming this Thursday, predicting performance isn't going to be hard, it's an overclocked 680, but as for pricing we'll have to wait & see.

This is probably why Nvidia locked the voltages on the 600 series, so it could overvolt & overclock the cards & release them as 700 series products, very clever.

I hate misleading graphs where they chop off the bottom :/ it makes it look like the difference in performance is much larger than it is.

That's how proper representation is done ;) Most people don't even care for the starting point of the graph, they just see MOAR ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

second image makes me hopfull about getting 3x GTX 780's :D

Ohh you want 3 as well :)

I'd like to hook 3 up to a Core i7-4930K or Xeon E5-2690 V2

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Ohh you want 3 as well :)

I'd like to hook 3 up to a Core i7-4930K or Xeon E5-2690 V2

im putting 3 on a i7-4770k on my next build :3 maxing out the ram and liquid cooling the entire thing, the only reason why i have chosen 3 is so i can have a sound card or 2

im putting 3 on a i7-4770k on my next build :3 maxing out the ram and liquid cooling the entire thing, the only reason why i have chosen 3 is so i can have a sound card or 2

wow a sound card or two, I like it :)

so if you didn't need a card would you 4-way SLI them?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

It's not even that big of a jump and the expected price would be above a 7970, nothing bamboozling

Not impressed with these marginal performance gains, especially with the higher price.

wow a sound card or two, I like it :)

so if you didn't need a card would you 4-way SLI them?

most likely, but i would like to use my headphones to the fullest and a sound card is a good way 2 go, the only reason why i would get 2 is for speakers

most likely, but i would like to use my headphones to the fullest and a sound card is a good way 2 go, the only reason why i would get 2 is for speakers

Like a 14.2 set up or something

Like a 14.2 set up or something

nah, i got a 5.1 headset and im using onboard sound with a CrossHair V Forumula 990FX... not terrible but i want to utilise them more, and with speakers i only want 5.1 or maybe 10.2

nah, i got a 5.1 headset and im using onboard sound with a CrossHair V Forumula 990FX... not terrible but i want to utilise them more, and with speakers i only want 5.1 or maybe 10.2

Ahh cool, sounds very interesting :)

A little random but what CPU are you rocking?

Ahh cool, sounds very interesting :)

A little random but what CPU are you rocking?

only an FX-6100 atm, it does what i need it to... for now. but next gen games will require more horsepower for my work so looking for a nice upgrade then to make a mini render farm after wards