My First PC Build (Plug & Play)

Ace

Hey Guys,

This will be my first proper PC build from the bottom up. I have purchased most of the parts and now just waiting on pre ordered parts to come in stock so they can send them to me all at once for cheaper mail rates. I shopped around a bit and source some of my parts from MSY and the rest from PCCG. I hope to have completed this build by the end of next month. I have kind of chosen a Black and red theme but I had to go for the Noctua fans due to their noise level being so low (Brown and Cream colours are great *sarcasm*). Besides these factors I will not be doing any modding... for now. I may consider a full water loop with cpu and gpu in the future. I believe the total expense of my build now is around the $5,800 AUD mark. Any input would be great but remember I have purchased most of these parts already... pretty much all of them.  :P

Specs:

Case - Corsair Obsidian 900D (Purchased)

PSU - Corsair AX 1200watt (Purchased) with replacement corsair red sleeved cable kit (Not Purchased)

Motherboard - ASUS Maximus V Extreme (Purchased)

CPU - Intel core i7 3770K (Purchased)

RAM - 32GB Dominator Platinum (4x8GB) DDR3 (Purchased)

GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB Superclocked (Purchased)

SSD - 512GB Samsung 840 Pro (Purchased)

HDD - 3TB Seagate Barracuda (Purchased)

Sound - ASUS Xonar Essence STX (Purchased)

Headset - Sennheiser HD 650 (Purchased)

Fan Control - Lamptron FC5 V2 (Purchased)

Optical Drive - Pioneer 15x Blu-Ray Writer (Purchased)

WiFi Card - TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 (Purchased)

Peripherals:

Monitor - ASUS 27" PB278Q 6ms 2560 x 1440 PLS (Purchased)

Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate T1 (Purchased)

Gaming Keypad - Razer Orbweaver (Purchased)

Mouse - Razer RZ-TAIPAN (Purchased)

MousePad - Razer RZ-Vespula Dual-Sided (Purchased)

Webcam - Logitech C920 HD (Purchased)

Receiver - Pioneer VSX-521 (Owned)

Speakers - Wharfedale WA-S4 Speaker pack (bar the rear speakers) (Owned)

Microphone - Blue Yeti Pro (Not yet purchased)

Fans & Cooling:

CPU Water Cooler - Swiftech H220 (Purchased)

Rad Fans - 4x NF-F12 PWM (Purchased)

Case Fan - 1x NF-A14 FLX (Purchased)

Odds & Ends:

Artic Silver ArctiClean (Purchased)

Artic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (Purchased)

Heatkiller GPU Backplate GTX Titan (Purchased)

BitFenix Alchemy Connect 60cm Red LED Strip (Purchased)

I don't have much to say...

"That's a lot of money"

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That's what a job is for  :P despite what my girlfriend thinks! A lot of this maybe overkill but it is basically future proofing myself.

I love Titan builds, so smexy!

Subbed.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I want pics ! :lol:

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

That's what a job is for  :P despite what my girlfriend thinks! A lot of this maybe overkill but it is basically future proofing myself.

Lol. Future proof...

I'd rather have several systems for parties and a large bowl of steaming nachos.

Dammit, I'm making myself hungry and It's 2am -.-"

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Lol. Future proof...

I'd rather have several systems for parties and a large bowl of steaming nachos.

Dammit, I'm making myself hungry and It's 2am -.-"

Yeah I can understand why your laughing at future proofing statement!  ;) But that I mean a larger power supply then what is needed, more ram, and larger case. Just in-case I want to extend the water cooling to custom setup... but I don't trust myself yet and don't want to get in over my head! I'll post some pics of the things I have thus far when I get some time.

Yeah I can understand why your laughing at future proofing statement!  ;) But that I mean a larger power supply then what is needed, more ram, and larger case. Just in-case I want to extend the water cooling to custom setup... but I don't trust myself yet and don't want to get in over my head! I'll post some pics of the things I have thus far when I get some time.

It sounds like a very swell time. :D

• 3 weeks later...