How to properly test pc parts before mounting into case

Land3r
Go to solution Solved by Accidentx13,

Use the cooler than didnt come with the CPU for testing due to testing your cooler. Also use your motherboard box if you dont have a test station. Nail polish remover works good instead of isopropyl alcohol if you have none. Use thermal compond that is either preapplied or apply some yourself

Helle everyone,

I recently bought all the parts for my first build and according to everybody, it's better to test the setup outside of the case so you can solve problems better.

I bought a CM Hyper 212 Evo & Intel i5 4690k.

I was wondering, how do you handle the cpu cooler thing ?

Should i use the stock cooler or already set up the CM one ?

Aso, If i just want to power on the board and see the screen saying no Drive was found, so no OS, is that ok not to put thermal paste ? or should i put some, clean it and then prepare for the final build ?

I don't have any alcohol stuff to clean my CPU so ...

If you have any kind of advice also, would be glad to read them.

Thx !

I'd say use stock cooler when testing it.

To test it put it on the motherboard box and put all the components together.

And you have to use thermal paste no matter what because the cooler does not directly contact the CPU heat spreader. But when you use the stock cooler, there's already thermal compound on it so you don't need to apply any when installing the stock cooler.

Just setup all your parts on your motherboard box and setup your cpu ram GPU etc. then plug in your PSU cables and see if it works

So i should apply thermal paste ?

Use the cooler than didnt come with the CPU for testing due to testing your cooler. Also use your motherboard box if you dont have a test station. Nail polish remover works good instead of isopropyl alcohol if you have none. Use thermal compond that is either preapplied or apply some yourself