My Oneplus One review

ColorfulShardMC

(Sorry for potato images :/ took it with my dying iPhone 5)

Introduction

So I bought an invite to this phone (Yes, I bought the invite) because my iPhone 5 was dying on me and by dying i mean the battery will not even last 2 hours of just checking twitter with nothing open in the background. And the phone just came! On the day of 8/21 so here comes the review of the Oneplus One which I will update you guys for 7 days. Only had this for about 5 hours but whatever. BTW this is my first time using android :/

Packaging

So the packaging that USPS/they used to ship to me was kinda not looking so well

post-57923-0-27311100-1408677081_thumb.j

Yeah I bet you they threw the thing everywhere :P

Then what I see inside the thing is

Yay more boxes 

post-57923-0-55543300-1408677097_thumb.j

Then another box :/

post-57923-0-45422600-1408677104_thumb.j

Finally inside is the phone!

post-57923-0-61420600-1408677112_thumb.j

And then inside the box is also the charger cable and SIM card removal tool

post-57923-0-78334400-1408677120_thumb.j

What you get inside

You get the phone, the charger cable and a SIM card removal tool

You also get the wall adapter which is the smaller white/red box.

The phone

From coming from an iPhone 5, this phone is awesome when you hold it. The huge screen is awesome to look at since it has an ultra slim bezel and plus the sand paper like back is really nice to grip on. The camera was is just a camera for now because I haven't used it yet. The camera placement was pretty standard right in the upper middle of the back of the phone.

I/O (?)

The power button (?) is on the right of the phone was actually the best thing that was put on the these phones. Having to reach on top of the phone was actually pretty hard to do every single time but you get used to it and switching was actually really easy to switch to because it is so easy to do! And the headphone jack is in the top of the phone again :/ I actually liked it on the bottom because when you out your phone in your pockets when you listen to music the line comes right out and doesn't need to make a bend. and the charging port is in the bottom as usual. The speakers are on the bottom nothing too special because the iPhone also has bottom facing speakers. Audio rocker and SIM card slot is nothing to special.

Cyanogenmod 11S

I've always been iOS so Cyannogenmod is totally different for me. Getting everything setup was pretty straight for me and linking my accounts. But once I got in, I was almost completely lost. But I made my way around and got all my apps setup. The OS was smooth and I like how it looks and stuff like that. There is alot of things that you can customize but of course Android noob here so :/

Battery Life

Can't say anything about battery life since only had it for so long. :/

Speakers

Seems just like your regular phone speakers.

Camera

Can shoot in 4K OMFG 4K!!!! Will we ever use it? idk whatever didn't take many pictures to see.

4G/LTE

Didn't get a micro sim card so I didn't get test it

Other thoughts

Not really had no issues with it so far and no yellow tint

Well, That's it hope you enjoy.

(BTW sorry coolkingler1 if you think I copied you because I didn't try to)

My Computer (Yet to be named)

Processor: Intel i7 5930k @ 4.4 Cooler: Corsair H100i Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI RAM: 16GB EVGA 2666Mhz 4x4 Graphics Card: PNY Geforce GTX 980 ti  Storage: 1x Intel 730 240GB / 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB PSU: Corsair RM650 Case: NZXT S340 Monitor: Asus VG248QE Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013

not much of a review more like an overview

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Have you licked it yet? What did it taste like?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

not much of a review more like an overview

:/ first time doing one

Processor: Intel i7 5930k @ 4.4 Cooler: Corsair H100i Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI RAM: 16GB EVGA 2666Mhz 4x4 Graphics Card: PNY Geforce GTX 980 ti  Storage: 1x Intel 730 240GB / 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB PSU: Corsair RM650 Case: NZXT S340 Monitor: Asus VG248QE Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013

lol too precious to lick

lol too precious to lick

nothing is too precious to lick

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I think you should have waited a bit

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

4K phones are just like there now. With the 801 CPU. Really not a novelty anymore. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

When you get an invite you get to invite someone right? you should invite me

wow, thats a lot of bees!

When you get an invite you get to invite someone right? you should invite me

I don't think so if the invite is from someone idk

I don't think so if the invite is from someone idk

wat? Sooo, how do you get invites?

wow, thats a lot of bees!

wat? Sooo, how do you get invites?

Bought it :P probably not worth it but needed a quick phone replacement

(Sorry for potato images :/ took it with my dying iPhone 5)

Introduction

So I bought an invite to this phone (Yes, I bought the invite) because my iPhone 5 was dying on me and by dying i mean the battery will not even last 2 hours of just checking twitter with nothing open in the background. And the phone just came! On the day of 8/21 so here comes the review of the Oneplus One which I will update you guys for 7 days. Only had this for about 5 hours but whatever. BTW this is my first time using android :/

Packaging

So the packaging that USPS/they used to ship to me was kinda not looking so well

attachicon.gifIMG_0614.JPG

Yeah I bet you they threw the thing everywhere :P

Then what I see inside the thing is

Yay more boxes

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif IMG_0615.JPG

Then another box :/

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif IMG_0616.JPG

Finally inside is the phone!

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif IMG_0617.JPG

And then inside the box is also the charger cable and SIM card removal tool

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif IMG_0620.JPG

What you get inside

You get the phone, the charger cable and a SIM card removal tool

You also get the wall adapter which is the smaller white/red box.

The phone

From coming from an iPhone 5, this phone is awesome when you hold it. The huge screen is awesome to look at since it has an ultra slim bezel and plus the sand paper like back is really nice to grip on. The camera was is just a camera for now because I haven't used it yet. The camera placement was pretty standard right in the upper middle of the back of the phone.

I/O (?)

The power button (?) is on the right of the phone was actually the best thing that was put on the these phones. Having to reach on top of the phone was actually pretty hard to do every single time but you get used to it and switching was actually really easy to switch to because it is so easy to do! And the headphone jack is in the top of the phone again :/ I actually liked it on the bottom because when you out your phone in your pockets when you listen to music the line comes right out and doesn't need to make a bend. and the charging port is in the bottom as usual. The speakers are on the bottom nothing too special because the iPhone also has bottom facing speakers. Audio rocker and SIM card slot is nothing to special.

Cyanogenmod 11S

I've always been iOS so Cyannogenmod is totally different for me. Getting everything setup was pretty straight for me and linking my accounts. But once I got in, I was almost completely lost. But I made my way around and got all my apps setup. The OS was smooth and I like how it looks and stuff like that. There is alot of things that you can customize but of course Android noob here so :/

Battery Life

Can't say anything about battery life since only had it for so long. :/

Speakers

Seems just like your regular phone speakers.

Camera

Can shoot in 4K OMFG 4K!!!! Will we ever use it? idk whatever didn't take many pictures to see.

4G/LTE

Didn't get a micro sim card so I didn't get test it

Other thoughts

Not really had no issues with it so far and no yellow tint

Well, That's it hope you enjoy.

(BTW sorry coolkingler1 if you think I copied you because I didn't try to)

Not a review. In short its "hey i bought oneplus. Here are some pics to prove it."

like sand 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Mine arrived wednesday, and I am very happy with it.

I didn't buy my invite. It isn't too hard to acquire one. I was active on the opo forum for less then a week and someone gave me an invite. (I'm dutch so I was on the dutch forum, there isn't as much competition comparing to the english forum :P)

The phone is amazing. It is very fast, has a nice camera and cyanogenmod is great. I just had another update. (don't know what for but whatever).

So I definitely recommend this phone :D

Mine arrived wednesday, and I am very happy with it.

I didn't buy my invite. It isn't too hard to acquire one. I was active on the opo forum for less then a week and someone gave me an invite. (I'm dutch so I was on the dutch forum, there isn't as much competition comparing to the english forum :P)

The phone is amazing. It is very fast, has a nice camera and cyanogenmod is great. I just had another update. (don't know what for but whatever).

So I definitely recommend this phone :D

Have you like several other people. Experienced the slight yellow tint on the screen?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Have you like several other people. Experienced the slight yellow tint on the screen?

afaik its fixable with letting the glue beneath the screen cure with sunlight, and i think OP (one plus, not original poster :D) has said its fixed in the newer batches

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

The OnePlus One is an excellent Android simulation of what owning an iPhone is like. Great design, hardware carefully integrated with software and vice versa. Aside from the obvious issues with procuring one, obviously. :(

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The OnePlus One is an excellent Android simulation of what owning an iPhone is like.

Oh my goooooddddddddddddd.

I swear one more Apple related or Apple-comparison post from you and I will pull my hair our, I swear it, I will!

The OnePlus One is an excellent Android simulation of what owning an iPhone is like. Great design, hardware carefully integrated with software and vice versa. Aside from the obvious issues with procuring one, obviously. :(

I actually have to agree. After nearly 3 years of using an iPhone, the OnePlus One is an excellent upgrade. CyanogenMod fits it perfectly, and I'm glad they working to closely with Oneplus.

No yellow screen tint either, and my only issue is network related. It refused to get more than EGDE speeds, so just picked up a new sim today. Hopefully once it's activated I can get some sweet sweet HSDPA+ and LTE.

My biggest complaint about Android is how rubbish all twitter clients are, nothing rivals Tweetbot. Now thanks to Twitter's stupid API token limits, any decent app runs out of tokens and new users can't be added or use the bloody thing.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Oh my goooooddddddddddddd.

I swear one more Apple related or Apple-comparison post from you and I will pull my hair our, I swear it, I will!

Why?

Because it's the truth and you don't like hearing it?

You realize it's a compliment, right? It's one of the few phones you can buy where the hardware is actually designed for the software and vice versa instead of just being a shitty vessel for it. Shame they won't sell it.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Why?

Because it's the truth and you don't like hearing it?

You realize it's a compliment, right? It's one of the few phones you can buy where the hardware is actually designed for the software and vice versa instead of just being a shitty vessel for it. Shame they won't sell it.

I am sick and tired of your Apple comments all the time, I just am.

I am sick and tired of your Apple comments all the time, I just am.

I'm sick and tired of everyone else's anti-Apple comments all the time. Do you know what it's like to enter a thread and read 30 uninformed posts about something Apple did and having to bear the brunt of fighting with all those people to show them they're demonstrably wrong?

You've been isolated from computer systems aside from your own for too long. I'm still an enormous minority here, and if you're sick and tired of my comments, fine. I'm sick and tired of everyone else's, I just don't complain about it because there's largely no point.

You're trying to stop me from mentioning Apple. I don't have any idea why, but for some reason you just have a profound hatred of them. As long as that hatred makes you happy, I'm happy.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /