Do i need to update my board bios for my new gpu to post?

Rendy

Ok so i recently got the Asus r9 280x dcu II card for ugrading and when i installed it, i started the computer, but i was not getting anything on my monitor. The computer works fine with my old gpu Radeon HD 7770, but when i installed this one, the computer would not post.

Im wondering if it is my motherboard bios that i need to update in order for it to post because i have not updated my bios yet and maybe the card only works if my motherboard is on the latest bios.

Also about the bios update. Last night i tried to update and i got to update to version 1.B0 (1.11). But i checked for new bios at the support download page for this board and saw that new versions were at the 2.0 level and the latest bios is version 2.6.

I tried to update the bios with the version 2.6 .exe file in a formatted flash drive but everytime the pc restarted, it would not go to the bios update screen. And also on the bios menu when i click on m fash it did not work it gave me a message which i cant remember right now.

I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Pc Specs

CPU: AMD FX-8120 X8 3100MHZ 16MB 125W AM

Board: MSI 970A-G46 9 Series AM3+ Motherboard

HDD: Toshiba 1TB 7200 rpm 3.5" SATA

RAM: Corsair High Perform Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz 2x4

PSU: Corsair CX750w

Yes I think a BIOS update would fix the problem. I had the exact thing happen to me before when I replaced a XFX 7950 with a Powercolor 7950, the Powercolor wouldn't post to my monitor but the card worked in a different system. I updated my motherboard BIOS and then it worked.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

Yes I think a BIOS update would fix the problem. I had the exact thing happen to me before when I replaced a XFX 7950 with a Powercolor 7950, the Powercolor wouldn't post to my monitor but the card worked in a different system. I updated my motherboard BIOS and then it worked.

ill try it and  update you guys

Yessss!!! I got it working. I updated the bios and cleared the cmos and it worked