Is this OC dangerous for my card?

Doughnutnator

Hi! I'm going to sell my 760 (changing for a 280), but I wanted to mess with it a little before I finally get rid of it. Today I tested some OC with 100% fan, +12mV and full power limit.

This is what I got, so far, with that clocks the card survived a full benchmark of Valley.

828.png

I'm hurting the card? I should stop?

Thanks, have a nice day guys :D

Wait a sec, is there a particular reason for you getting an 280? If you're doing it as an upgrade, well... that's a terrible upgrade :D

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Wait a sec, is there a particular reason for you getting an 280? If you're doing it as an upgrade, well... that's a terrible upgrade :D

Got the 760 in a sale, my friend wants my 760 and he's going to give me the money I paid for it because is like 20 less than the normal retail price, with that money and with some 20 extra I have of building PC's I can easily get the DirectCUII 280, i want it because I will not upgrade anything in 3 years at least, so I think that the extra GB of the 280 and some little extra raw performance is going to help.

Bad idea?

Its a good deal, you are not loosing money, "upgrading" from 760 to 280 direcly is stupid, but the swapping is fine if you are only paying 20.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Got the 760 in a sale, my friend wants my 760 and he's going to give me the money I paid for it because is like 20 less than the normal retail price, with that money and with some 20 extra I have of building PC's I can easily get the DirectCUII 280, i want it because I will not upgrade anything in 3 years at least, so I think that the extra GB of the 280 and some little extra raw performance is going to help.

Bad idea?

It's not something I would've done. That's just a side step, not an upgrade. If you would've waited another year with the 760, you could've gotten something much better for the same price.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

That's a nice overclock. I am assuming 1.2V is the stock voltage. Looks like a almost 30% OC. That's a good card, ask for 20 more bucks from your friend.

who cares...

Overclocking is dangerous for anything

It's not something I would've done. That's just a side step, not an upgrade. If you would've waited another year with the 760, you could've gotten something much better for the same price.

So I shouldn't bought the 760? Damn... I haven't sold it, I still have it and I can tell my friend "hey,screw you, not selling my 760" and keep it..

Awesome clock, the fans are having a hard time though at 100%, so those might wear faster.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

That's a nice overclock. I am assuming 1.2V is the stock voltage. Looks like a almost 30% OC. That's a good card, ask for 20 more bucks from your friend.

My friend doesn't know shit of OC, he's scared of it so he don't care about being a nice card.

The stock voltage is 1.200, I added 12mV more to achieve that OC of 1320Mhz, anyways I can OC the card up to 124Mhz (1293Mhz Boost in games) with stock power/temp limit and voltage

Awesome clock, the fans are having a hard time though at 100%, so those might wear faster.

Is the first time I put the fans at 100% :P, and I don't want to reduce the card life span, I was just messing with the clocks to know how high the card can go.

So I shouldn't bought the 760? Damn... I haven't sold it, I still have it and I can tell my friend "hey,screw you, not selling my 760" and keep it..

Well you might as well do it for your friend, it's not like you'll be losing performance. Let's just hope you don't like shadowplay or Gsync :D

Well you might as well do it for your friend, it's not like you'll be losing performance. Let's just hope you don't like shadowplay or Gsync :D

I only use the FPS meter of Shadowplay, GeForce experience annoys me because it wants to optimize my games (I had to disable it) but optimized games like Watch Dogs where I got >30FPS, so I hate that.

I live in the dirty Mexico, G-Sync is never going to arrive here and it's so expensive D:

It's a good idea/it's worth it yes or no? It's my "friend" because he's in my school, he only talks to me when he wants to know something of the rig he's going to buy (I will build it for him)

I only use the FPS meter of Shadowplay, GeForce experience annoys me because it wants to optimize my games (I had to disable it) but optimized games like Watch Dogs where I got >30FPS, so I hate that.

I live in the dirty Mexico, G-Sync is never going to arrive here and it's so expensive D:

It's a good idea/it's worth it yes or no? It's my "friend" because he's in my school, he only talks to me when he wants to know something of the rig he's going to buy (I will build it for him)

I think that that's a pretty good deal you've got. Remember that the 280 is based off the 7950, which was amazing at OCing.

I believe I recommended you the 760? Did it all work out alright?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I think that that's a pretty good deal you've got. Remember that the 280 is based off the 7950, which was amazing at OCing.

I believe I recommended you the 760? Did it all work out alright?

Yes! I remember you! I had the "Flyingbananataco" account but I forgot the password. I ended with an i5 4570 and the 760, I waited and I got almost everything from sale (RAM, case, GPU, PSU). So far i'm happy with the 760 but I got this chance of swapping for the R9 280... i know that the difference is 1FPS and that is a side-step, but at least I get 1GB extra of VRAM and it seems that when OCed it bitch slaps the 760, I'm not sure about the OC stuff though because my 760 can OC very freaking good (1293Mhz Boost stock Power/Temp limit and stock voltage). Some guys at this forum told me that with the OC my 760 is at the 280 levels, but i'm not sure about it. 

Anyways I have time to think, currently the local store doesn't have stock (they will soon) and my friend told me that he needs 2-3 more weeks.