Going to the dark side

ttam

I have a customer that is a day trader and wants to put up 6 displays. Going the nvidia route is more expensive and were cutting some cost so I decided hey amd is cheap and is actually good at doing multiple displays...

What do you guys think I should take a peak at for 6x screens for him.

R7 260X for $129?

PS Long Live Geforce.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

wtf is wrong with amd then answer me that. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Some amd card with dp and a dp hub or try usb display adapters. I have 2 on my moms old pc and she loved them. I used one for a while. Not bad. It might be the cheapest way to go.

I have a customer that is a day trader and wants to put up 6 displays. Going the nvidia route is more expensive and were cutting some cost so I decided hey amd is cheap and is actually good at doing multiple displays...

What do you guys think I should take a peak at for 6x screens for him.

R7 260X for $129?

PS Long Live Geforce.

So are you asking for a build?

lol I knew this argument would start immediately in this thread.

I would actually suggest going with two lower end Nvidia GPU's. Just because trading programs don't use a lot of GPU horsepower. I setup a customer once with two 650's to run 6 screens for his trading program. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

What will he be doing with the system? Also budget? 

He already said. It's for trading. Like on the stock market. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 scour eBay for one. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I've been using strictly nVidia since you've been shitting your pants. I'm recommending him an AMD card, never said anything bad about it besides my OWN PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Don't need a snot nose little shit like you trying to turn this thread into something it isn't. Kindly GTFO.

What will he be doing with the system? Also budget? 

It's just 6 separate displays for different programs. We have an i7, 32gb already setup (and YES, he does max out the 16gb he has now)

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

He already said. It's for trading. Like on the stock market. 

People that trade also use there PC for different stuff. 

I've been using strictly nVidia since you've been shitting your pants. I'm recommending him an AMD card, never said anything bad about it besides my OWN PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Don't need a snot nose little shit like you trying to turn this thread into something it isn't. Kindly GTFO.

It's just 6 separate displays for different programs. We have an i7, 32gb already setup (and YES, he does max out the 16gb he has now)

Sorry with the title i thought it was one of those, "hes asking for it" situations, i miss read the situation, i apologise, i will now proceed in getting the fuck out 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I've used those in the past and ran into slight issues. Going with 2 cards for a decent price falls into the budget but I'm fairly AMD ignorant (just stay nvidia path really) 

I've used those in the past and ran into slight issues. Going with 2 cards for a decent price falls into the budget but I'm fairly AMD ignorant (just stay nvidia path really) 

Get some low end POS GT 640 and multiple DVI splitter yokes. Should be able to do it. 

When you said going to the dark side I automatically assumed you meant you were switching to Nvidia.

Just be careful when using AMD. Saving a lot of money for the same performance as Nvidia can become addictive.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

When you said going to the dark side I automatically assumed you meant you were switching to Nvidia.

Just be careful when using AMD. Saving a lot of money for the same performance as Nvidia can become addictive.

*Looks at all my 780TI's* Same performance? Never seen that.

Need not much GPU power at all? Assuming it's an LGA1550 build you could power four displays off of add-in card(s) and drive the other two with the Intel HD Graphics

Another way to do it is to use a GPU for all six using a DisplayPort hub to create more outputs.

If you do have a personal preference for nVidia and on a budget a pair of GeForce 210s might fit the bill. Each can drive two displays, the other two off Intel GD Graphics.

Need a decent amount of GPU power, and prefer the ease of setup and good multi-monitor experience EyeFinity can do, then a single 5870 EyeFinity Edition will serve you well. I reckon it's probably similar to an R9 270X in performance.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

*Looks at all my 780TI's* Same performance? Never seen that.

Dude says you dont an "amd vs nvidia" thread bullshit but it seems to me like you are openly asking for it!

Yes right right now nvidia have the highest performing single gpu card... So what!? They cant beat almost anything amd has price/performance wise. And lets not begin comparing titan z and 295x2. I would be curious to see what is the proportion of active PC gamer that have a 780TI.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

People that trade also use there PC for different stuff. 

No they don't. People that trade have a dedicated PC for trading. Trust me having dealt with many traders before. I've seen people spend thousands on trading computers, and spending thousands on a backup just incase. 

Dude says you dont an "amd vs nvidia" thread bullshit but it seems to me like you are openly asking for it!

Yes right right now nvidia have the highest performing single gpu card... So what!? They cant beat almost anything amd has price/performance wise. And lets not begin comparing titan z and 295x2. I would be curious to see what is the proportion of active PC gamer that have a 780TI.

Sarcasm new forum person. Welcome to the internet where interpreting peoples text is hard and keyboard warriors like to fight. 

I actually can't keep the TI cards in stock since they go so fast.

AMD on the other hand, maybe 1 out of 250 orders asks for AMD.

4GB r7 240?

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock