Sennheiser Game One/Zero VS. Audiophile Headphones for Gaming

Hey there :)

I'm searching for a replacement for my G930 and I want to push the sound quality higher than what the G930 delivers.

First of all, I've already postet a thread here, in which i finally decided on the V-Moda LP2's, but after some research I got away from them again, due to the "not so good" comfort on these.

I want to use them mainly for gaming, which is why I struggle so much :) The problem is, that i want to have good soundquality, but on the other hand, if i get audiophile headphones I have to worry about the mic.

I did some more research and found out, that for the Beyerdynamic COP's, there's a custom cable with a boom-mic on it, which i really really like the idea of. Welllll.... the reviews of the mic are pretty crappy so I dont think  I can do this to my fellow team-mates.

Last but not least someone recommended me the Sennheiser Game one/zeros which are headsets not headphones and have a pretty awesome mic on them.

Now, the main reasons why many people 'hate' the Sennheiser Games is because they apparantely, like all other gaming brands out there, you dont get what you pay for, because gaming stuff needs so much advertisment and more...

Now my main question (finally :) ) :

Will i get worse sound-quality if i go with the Sennheisers? I also'd need an amp because  the Zeros are 150ohm, and i dont have a soundcard /amp  yet.

Should i research some more, and find some audiophile headphones? (are those even good for gaming?) I still like the Beyerdynamics COP's but i can't get my head around the idea of having a clip-on mic

I'd really appreciate any of your suggestions

Greez

Denoxx

If you must get a headset the only ones I'd recommend are the sennheisers. 

There are plenty of mic options you don't need a clip on mic.

The mod mic 4.0 works with literally any headphone and you can get a blue snowflake for a desktop mic.

If you must get a headset the only ones I'd recommend are the sennheisers. 

There are plenty of mic options you don't need a clip on mic.

The mod mic 4.0 works with literally any headphone and you can get a blue snowflake for a desktop mic.

thanks for your reply :)

The problem with the snowflake is, that i'd have to place it behind my keyboard obviously, but because i've a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard with blue-switches, I'm scared that the mic will pick the clicky keys up too.

And the struggle with the mod-mic is just that it is really difficult to get where I live :) (Switzerland)

I would rather get high end headphones + amp + zalman clip on

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

I would rather get high end headphones + amp + zalman clip on

Ok thanks for your suggestion :)

Could I also know why? :D

Are they attacking?

As in an arm for the microphone to move it away from the keyboard towards your mouth hole.

And the struggle with the mod-mic is just that it is really difficult to get where I live :) (Switzerland)

Seriously? We can even get that here in Australia, if that's anything to go by

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

As in an arm for the microphone to move it away from the keyboard towards your mouth hole.

I'm sorry, but I dont really understand what you mean :S are you talking about an arm to move the table-mic upwars or a boom-mic like on a headset?

Seriously? We can even get that here in Australia, if that's anything to go by

well the problem is that theyre sold out on amazon, and I've found no swiss shop that sells them

I'm sorry, but I dont really understand what you mean :S are you talking about an arm to move the table-mic upwars or a boom-mic like on a headset?

The former.

Would you even suggest the Beyerdynamic CustomOnePro's as gaming-headphones?

thanks for your reply :)

The problem with the snowflake is, that i'd have to place it behind my keyboard obviously, but because i've a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard with blue-switches, I'm scared that the mic will pick the clicky keys up too.

They ship world wide, and it's not expensive (talking about the mod mic) and to combat the mechanical keyboard noise, I simply put the mic behind my monitor and it works fine.

I use browns FYI.

At this price range, for gaming, get the Sennheiser's HD 558 and do the foam pads mod. They'll magically become a pair of HD 598. Or you know... just buy a pair of 598's.

Or not, because the 598s are significantly more expensive yet do not sound better by any sort of measure.

Or not, because the 598s are significantly more expensive yet do not sound better by any sort of measure.

Some people don't want to mess inside their headphones... and if he doesn't want to open the 558, nor does he want the 598 because you literally pay more for nothing then he can go ahead and buy the 518 straight up and save a bunch of money!

Some people don't want to mess inside their headphones... and if he doesn't want to open the 558, nor does he want the 598 because you literally pay more for nothing then he can go ahead and buy the 518 straight up and save a bunch of money!

Precisely.

Ok thanks for your suggestion :)

Could I also know why? :D

Well high end headphones + amp/dac would sound better than the sennheiser headphones and the zalman clip on mic is a great sounding mic for only 8 dollars and it clips onto your headphone wire. If you don't want an amp/dac get HD558s with zalman mic or HD598s

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Ok so nobody really likes the Sennheiser Game Headsets from what i can tell by know xD:) i'm really confused...

I somehow dont really like the way the Sennheisers HDs look, and yeah i know its not about the looks at all but i'd like to know what makes them so much netter than for example the beyerdynamic COP's... (Yeah i'm pretty focused on these xD probably because i'd otherwise get flooded by the number of headphones out there)

Please be gentle :D i'm still an audio noob

Well high end headphones + amp/dac would sound better than the sennheiser headphones and the zalman clip on mic is a great sounding mic for only 8 dollars and it clips onto your headphone wire. If you don't want an amp/dac get HD558s with zalman mic or HD598s

I just cant get my head around the theory that a clip-on, which is so far away from my mouth is going to deliver decent quality...eventhough i've only read good about it

And i also worry about it picking up my keyboard aswell

I just cant get my head around the theory that a clip-on, which is so far away from my mouth is going to deliver decent quality...eventhough i've only read good about it

And i also worry about it picking up my keyboard aswell

I still have the clip-on mic that came with my Icemat Siberia (yes, Icemat before they merged with SteelSeries. lol) back in 2006. It's still going strong and I haven't had any complains. Of course your mechanical keyboard is going to be picked up by the mic, it's a mechanical keyboard... But if you want to completely cut it out, I think that yes, something like a modmic will be better but it will still most likely pick it up.

Imo, get the AKG Q701 + a modmic. The AKG's are on sale on Massdrop right now for $150, and they look nice. You may need an amp, but let's discuss that if it gets there. Unless you really can't get a ModMic, get a Blue Snowball on a boom arm.

Imo, get the AKG Q701 + a modmic. The AKG's are on sale on Massdrop right now for $150, and they look nice. You may need an amp, but let's discuss that if it gets there. Unless you really can't get a ModMic, get a Blue Snowball on a boom arm.

The sale is over btw.

The sale is over btw.

Oh, whoops, I guess the K612s would work in place of them. They're on Massdrop now.