Need some insight on a laptop.

LukaP

Im getting a lappy for uni, and can get a pretty good deal on a HP laptop, but i cant find any review of it online.

its a HP 250 G2. now all reviews i find are of one that is silently cooled and has a 4 core pentium in it, but the one i can get has a Core i3 3110M in there, and google doesnt find anything about it, nor does it exist on the HP webpage...

does anyone know of this laptop?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

@LukaP I can see it here in the UK too

There are...average run of the mill cheap plastic laptops but they should be ok for the price

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Hewlett_Packard_i3-3110M_Core_i3-3110M_Windows_8.1_64_Bit_4GB_DDR3_RAM_500G_F0Y89EA/version.asp?refsource=LDadwords&crtag=LD&gclid=CICE_daFpMACFbPJtAodLFsAIQ

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

@LukaP I can see it here in the UK too

There are...average run of the mill cheap plastic laptops but they should be ok for the price

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Hewlett_Packard_i3-3110M_Core_i3-3110M_Windows_8.1_64_Bit_4GB_DDR3_RAM_500G_F0Y89EA/version.asp?refsource=LDadwords&crtag=LD&gclid=CICE_daFpMACFbPJtAodLFsAIQ

i know its a cheapo, only really need it to browse web and type when on the go. but my problem is, i need atleast 8GB of ram, and i see no mention of how many sodimm slots it has...

found this too, as you can see, it mentions the pentium equiped model. i am looking for a i3 one

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Well the i3 well be buckets tonne better than pentium. So if the review likes the current config, then the i3 one will be better. :)

how much is a G500 or G510 lenovo laptop

they are insanely well built for the price

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

thanks. this is the one im looking at. still no mention of dimm slots xD id rather buy another 4gig dimm than a 8gig one and then have a 4gig spare if there is just one slot...

they arent listed, since this is my isp giving out the deal as a "reward" or something. but i will check them out, if i can get a similar price.

i know its a cheapo, only really need it to browse web and type when on the go. but my problem is, i need atleast 8GB of ram, and i see no mention of how many sodimm slots it has...

found this too, as you can see, it mentions the pentium equiped model. i am looking for a i3 one

2 Slots AFAIK (although you could just buy a single 8gb dimm)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

actually found a same spec g500 for cheaper, need to see if they offer paying monthly

2 Slots AFAIK (although you could just buy a single 8gb dimm)

yeah i could, but then it would get expensive, and id have a dimm spare...

actually found a same spec g500 for cheaper, need to see if they offer paying monthly

yeah i could, but then it would get expensive, and id have a dimm spare...

generally they populate both dimms so it would most likely come with 2x2gb dimms though not always! it differs between machines

you wont regret buying it

it is well built as my Thinkpad T530 - not to mention the amazing keyboard with almost 0 Flex

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

generally they populate both dimms so it would most likely come with 2x2gb dimms though not always! it differs between machines

naah it comes in 1x4, thats what got me thinking it may just be 1 dimm slot 

you wont regret buying it

it is well built as my Thinkpad T530 - not to mention the amazing keyboard with almost 0 Flex

i bet i wouldnt, just need to find a store that offers monthly payment... 

edit... cant get it anywhere, seems im staying with the hp, unless parents suddenly cough out 400€ :P

what about a dell inspiron 5748? this one has a i7 U cpu plus a 840m. i can get it for 10€ more per month than the hp one

mostly if anyone knows whether the casing is rugged  enough. since this will be lugged around quite alot