Speedfan isn't working for me... Any other program that can control fan speeds?

Tro
Go to solution Solved by Fulgrim,

This for your CPU's cooler? Use your motherboard's control center, as for GPU, i'd use MSI Afterburner.

Like the title said, speedfan doesn't do what i tell it to, it doesn't change fanspeeds, most of the time. Any other program that i can use?

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

This for your CPU's cooler? Use your motherboard's control center, as for GPU, i'd use MSI Afterburner.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

a fan controller

you don't say

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I don't know about you, but I can control fan speeds from my bios? Try that.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

if it is a desktop then the best would be as Opie said a hardware fan controller but if it is a laptop you may be out of luck 

I don't know about you, but I can control fan speeds from my bios? Try that.

I need to be able to control them from the desktop though

If speedfan can't do it that probably means your motherboard is not capable of that functionality, and it is a hardware limitation that cannot be done anything aobut.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I downloaded the Asrock Extreme Tuning Utility and i get to control all the fans needed very nicely, Thanks!

I need to be able to control them from the desktop though

Do you know that your fans can even be controlled? I would get a fan controller. :)

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Do you know that your fans can even be controlled? I would get a fan controller. :)

Downloading Motherboard software gave me the options to control all my fans :)