Is my i7 broken ? (only 0.80 GHz)

I mean, I needed the Mac because my master's thesis application has to be developed cross-platform, but yeah. Where did you get your laptop from?

My laptop is a Clevo P370SM3 (ODM model). Mythlogic computers is where I got mine from, but you can also get it from Sager computers (often resold by LPC-Digital, XoticPC, etc). OriginPC's high end laptops are also Clevos and I believe some of Cyperpower and iBuyPower PC's laptops are as well.

In the UK, you could look toward Eurocom for rebrands of Clevo, as well as mysn (though mysn has german branches as well etc, so it's more than just UK).

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

My laptop is a Clevo P370SM3 (ODM model). Mythlogic computers is where I got mine from, but you can also get it from Sager computers (often resold by LPC-Digital, XoticPC, etc). OriginPC's high end laptops are also Clevos and I believe some of Cyperpower and iBuyPower PC's laptops are as well.

In the UK, you could look toward Eurocom for rebrands of Clevo, as well as mysn (though mysn has german branches as well etc, so it's more than just UK).

Hmm, it seems like Apple is the only one currently building with the 4980HQ... Boo sauce :( I like the dual graphics options because of the battery savings. Oh well, in 3-4 years I'll have a job where I'll probably get a brand new laptop anyway from my employer. And if Apple is proven to be obsolescing old tech, I can just boot Ubuntu and Windows on it. 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Hmm, it seems like Apple is the only one currently building with the 4980HQ... Boo sauce :( I like the dual graphics options because of the battery savings. Oh well, in 3-4 years I'll have a job where I'll probably get a brand new laptop anyway from my employer. And if Apple is proven to be obsolescing old tech, I can just boot Ubuntu and Windows on it. 

Yeah I actually had to google the 4980HQ to know the chip had existed. Windows-side of things, the 4700 and 4710HQ are the only HQ chips I knew of. I always said I didn't know why desktops didn't make use of mobile tech's power saving abilities, but to think Apple would use it for no reason like that...

Also, if you do get a gaming laptop for any reason at all, I suggest highly that you prepare yourself for some homebrew-style elbow grease. We usually need a bit of custom BIOSes or vBIOSes or programs to make sure things run tip top. But once you get everything running... you've got a powerful, portable son of a meowmix there =D

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Yeah I actually had to google the 4980HQ to know the chip had existed. Windows-side of things, the 4700 and 4710HQ are the only HQ chips I knew of. I always said I didn't know why desktops didn't make use of mobile tech's power saving abilities, but to think Apple would use it for no reason like that...

Also, if you do get a gaming laptop for any reason at all, I suggest highly that you prepare yourself for some homebrew-style elbow grease. We usually need a bit of custom BIOSes or vBIOSes or programs to make sure things run tip top. But once you get everything running... you've got a powerful, portable son of a meowmix there =D

I've never made a BIOS or gotten all the way down to the system microcode. Any good place to learn about it?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

nope I checked that too, its on High, and there are no Power saving setting that could do this 

Yes I know, I tryed it first by myself in the Bios by just setting the multip. on 40 I just wanted a small OC to start but allready there it crashed and give me Bluescreen. the moba can't be (I hope) becasue I swaped it allready once because  the old one fall off the PCI-E slot after I installed it the first time xD ( no not the first PC I build :P)

Actually power saving mode makes your cpu be 800mhz most of time.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

I've never made a BIOS or gotten all the way down to the system microcode. Any good place to learn about it?

Well I meant there'd be available ones to download. There's a couple good forums like notebookreview and techinferno for that. But I meant be prepared to use them xD.

Well I meant there'd be available ones to download. There's a couple good forums like notebookreview and techinferno for that. But I meant be prepared to use them xD.

Oh okay, that's not half as hard a problem lol.

wow so many post to read. so i'm back. i will download cinebench htis night and make a few runs. I got my H100 so tomorrow I will make my system "nicer " :-) I think it will take a lot of time to clean it up :D

ty guys for all your aid and as allways, sorry for my english :D

post-7556-0-93312100-1408655870_thumb.jp

post-7556-0-93312100-1408655870_thumb.jp

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, will be interesting to see what it's actually running at.

my cpu ws runing on 0,8 ghz why it was showing in cpuz more i don't know but now after a reast of the cmos and some changes its shown in task manager as 3,5ghz as it should be, but now my PC is totally crashe ( post it in an other thread i made) and I have to wait for new hardware xD

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

my cpu ws runing on 0,8 ghz why it was showing in cpuz more i don't know but now after a reast of the cmos and some changes its shown in task manager as 3,5ghz as it should be, but now my PC is totally crashe ( post it in an other thread i made) and I have to wait for new hardware xD

0.8Ghz is from a power saving feature called speedstep, enabled by default in your motherboards bios options.

When PC is idle, or CPU has 0-1% load, it will declock its speed.

When CPU loads past 5-10% it skyrockets back to normal intended clocks until the program is finished loaded, then declocks again.

It's quite Normal

If you didn't wanna disable Speedstep then go to WIndows Power Profiles via Control Panel and set High Performance profile as default.

Ensuring that Windows will respond to CPU usage and clock up to normal speeds.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

0.8Ghz is from a power saving feature called speedstep, enabled by default in your motherboards bios options.

When PC is idle, or CPU has 0-1% load, it will declock its speed.

When CPU loads past 5-10% it skyrockets back to normal intended clocks until the program is finished loaded, then declocks again.

It's quite Normal

If you didn't wanna disable Speedstep then go to WIndows Power Profiles via Control Panel and set High Performance profile as default.

Ensuring that Windows will respond to CPU usage and clock up to normal speeds.

zhx for your post learned something more but if you would read the whole thred you would know that I didt stress testing my pc with game and prime95 and it stand on that bloody 0.8ghz :D but yeah it does not matter anymore. will get soon a new mobo and cpu.. (damn asus repair center)

zhx for your post learned something more but if you would read the whole thred you would know that I didt stress testing my pc with game and prime95 and it stand on that bloody 0.8ghz :D but yeah it does not matter anymore. will get soon a new mobo and cpu.. (damn asus repair center)

Yeah, sorry,.. I looked at the thread and thought It was someone else's and that you had put a post on the end of it... little did I realize it's a completely different thread that I thought.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yeah, sorry,.. I looked at the thread and thought It was someone else's and that you had put a post on the end of it... little did I realize it's a completely different thread that I thought.

no problem as I said, I learnd something thats all what i care :P

• 2 months later...

Well it is a while but I Finally found out whats the problem. It is Asus AI Suit !!!!

So i have no 2 Systems with i7 4790k and 2 Asus Motherboards (Maximus Impact VI and a Asus Delux z97) so on the small system is Dual int. 4 from asus on the other on the new 5 way opt. tool

So if I let Asus OC my CPU i will have nice high clocks but there are not real. in fact they change something (could not find out what) in the BIOS and after that my CPU didn't want to go over 0.8GHz on all cores so I hade the same problem again as with my old 4770k. and Since I hav eno 2 diffrent chipsets and Motherboards it must be the software from asus. ! After Loading the Bios with the opt. settings everything was fine again and on stock clocks of 4,4Ghz. And NO its not taskforce manager that has Problem with shwoing the right results also on CPUz and asus suiot the clocks were low. so at the end

DO NOT SUE ASUS 5 WAY OPT.  !!!!! if u do just go in Bios pres F5 and you are good to go.

well sorry for my english but hope this my help someone some day.