Bad experiences with Razer

Brandenhee

So... Razer has a pretty bad rep when it comes to their product's durability. Anyone wants to share their experiences with bad razer products? :P

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k l Mobo: msi z97 pcmate l GPU: MSI Gtx 970 4gb OC l PSU: CM V550 l RAM: RipJaws 8gb l Case: NZXT H440 l Cooling: CM Hyper 212x l Storage: Crucial mx100 128gb ssd l OS: Windows 7 l Keyboard: CM storm quickfire ultimate(Blue) l Mouse: Razor Mamba l Display: Some shitty samsung monitor

I've never bought a Razer product myself, but I have used some. Their mice are mainly good, albeit a little overpriced and 'flashy' for me. Their headphones are bad in my experience, bass heavy and flimsy. Their keyboards feel very cheap and plasticy, including the ones with the stupid LED screen on them. 

Mine has been shared a few times, but okay, I will retell...

Twas my birthday, I got that shiny looking Razer mouse I wanted... Or at least I thought I wanted. It worked brilliantly for the first two months - Then cometh the beginning of the end... First, the cursor would become unable to move in a straight line. Then, Synapse would crash and lastly, in the middle of a round in Battlefield 3, the Naga Hex gave up and died. I had it RMA'd and I have since then vowed that if it were to break again I would stop buying Razer products.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

I've never had a bad experience with a razer product.  The mouse I've had has lasted a few years, and I still have my old death adder.  Maybe I'm just lucky.

The quality isn't bad. It's just nowhere near the quality expected at the price point most razer products are at.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I use a Blackwidow and Naga from my roommate when I'm borrowing my roommate's desktop... So far no probs... He mostly uses them for programming so they're not that thoroughly used...

*groans* more razer slamming... okay, here goes:

Never used a Razer for anything. Don't really feel like it either. Their build quality to me looks rather second-rate. I have a CM Storm Quickfire TK -- that thing is built like a tank, I did not get that feeling from the black widow demos at the store. and I have heard enough bad things about Razer to avoid them altogether.

Though I have heard that the Deathadder is awesome...

That said, I like mice to look cool AND have more buttons than that...

I've used one razer mouse (copperhead) and that was fine for decent lifetime for gaming mouse in hard use. My Roccat Kone lived about same time. I just don't like their design. Nor do I like current Logitech gaming series design.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Had a friend who was a bit of a Razer fanboy, anyway he bought a Razer Kraken headset and the mic broke within 4 months not to mentions its flimsy plastic frame and poor audio. Razer keyboards are not much better, all the keys are the wrong lengths, so you always hit the wrong key. I would stay away from Razer they are overpriced and made of junk.

Never used razor products i hate the greens.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

My Razer Naga has been working great for over 2 years. It's sorta become my travel mouse to go with my laptop, and it gets banged around a little bit now and then, but it still works well. 

I'm always a little amused how the LTT forum seems to hate Razer products, but fawns over the Razer Blade, possibly because Linus loved it so much? (Over-generalizing, I know)

My razer megalodon headset has trash microphone quality audio, sometimes unbearably so to the people I'm voice chatting with.

My razer mamba sensor died after I believe 1.5 years of use, since then I have not purchased a razer product.

Never used razor products i hate the greens.

Why do people with no bad experiences post in bad experiences threads?

My razer megalodon headset has trash microphone quality audio, sometimes unbearably so to the people I'm voice chatting with.

My razer mamba sensor died after I believe 1.5 years of use, since then I have not purchased a razer product.

Why do people with no bad experiences post in bad experiences threads?

Too express their distaste of the razer colour scheme?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Meh razer are fine

Not the best, not the worst, some of their stuff is needlessly expensive when there are higher quality times around, but they get a rather severe slamming that I do not think they deserve 

If you expect a relatively decent peripheral to last a normal length of time that has the gamer looks and features, Razer are fine

Though I believe there are better things out there, if you like them, get them

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Had original Naga until it was replaced by Logitech G502. Worked fine for 2 years up until that point. 

Currently still have a Razer Kraken Pro that has been working perfectly for the best part of a year now.

Also used Razer Sphex with the Naga which started to die and looked like I needed a new one when I replaced the Naga. 

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

years ago in an MMO (not wow) a healer in my raid group had her razor mouse buttons stop working right (the number pad on the side) on three separate occasions and cause us all to wipe. she then would proceed to buy another razor mmo mouse and a few months later the same **** would happen. I see razor products in local stores, but they're always way over priced and green like radioactive waste.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Never had a bad experience loved all their products I've bought.

Their headphones are way too tight for my head.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Have had a Razer Arctosa keyboard and Razer Deathadder mouse for about 4 years now and haven't had any problems.

Bought their gamepad - Orbweaver; it was DOA. Had a Naga 2014 that was alright. Didn't care for Synapse, and the sensor had issues with vibrations, but overall it was a decent mouse.

And their stickers suck.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I got 2 mousepads (Goliathus and eXactMat) and both are crap. The Goliathus gets dirty in no time and the edges frazzle even after a short period of use, the eXactMat has a sharp, uncovered aluminium edge and both mess with every mouse I used on them. I'm just glad I didn't buy any more expensive Razer products. Never again.