[US]*REFURBISHED* Corsair H55 - $28

Faceman

There is some risk involved, but if this thing works for $28 bucks, that is a steal.  You could legitimately water cool your GPU for ~$75 including G10 Bracket, H55, and Heatsinks.

Refurbished Corsair H55

Definition of Refurbished according to Newegg:

""Refurbished" products have been tested to ensure compliance with original manufacturer specifications, and MAY include a limited manufacturer warranty - see the item's product page for details."

Expries 8/20/14

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Isn't advertising against CoC?

Sorry, my bad.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

I'd still prefer a good ol' fashioned tower heatsink over a refurb AIO. An H55 is nothing special.

Refurb means it wasw already broken. I wouldn't trust it.

who cares...

I'd still prefer a good ol' fashioned tower heatsink over a refurb AIO. An H55 is nothing special.

Pair an H55 with a G10 bracket and watch your GPU temps drop by 20C.  Just remember to buy heatsinks for the VRAM and VRMs.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Pair an H55 with a G10 bracket and watch your GPU temps drop by 20C.  Just remember to buy heatsinks for the VRAM and VRMs.

That actually sounds like a good idea. But what kind of heatsinks would work on RAM and vrm of a GTX480? 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

That actually sounds like a good idea. But what kind of heatsinks would work on RAM and vrm of a GTX480? 

I'm not sure if the G10 is compatible with that GPU.  With a GPU that "old" you would be better off saving your money for an upgraded GPU instead of trying to water cool it.

Here are the extras, including heatsinks that I used to do the G10 mod to my card:

2 Packs of Cosmos Copper VGA Heatsinks

1 Pack of Cosmos mini Aluminum VGA Heatsinks

1 Pack of Sekisui Double-Sided Adhesive Thermal Heatsink Tape

Optional: Aftermarket Thermal Compound, it often comes with the AIO Cooler, or if you have some already, if not I recommend the Gelid GC-Extreme

Optional: VGA to PWM Fan Adapter

Depending on your card make and model, you will also need a Copper Shim.  Find out the required thickness!  You can't use any ol' size, this is a specific measurement that you have to figure out. Could be .5mm // .8mm // 1.2mm.  The EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ACX Cooling required the 20mm x 20mm x .8mm Shim.

I'm not sure if the G10 is compatible with that GPU.  With a GPU that "old" you would be better off saving your money for an upgraded GPU instead of trying to water cool it.

Here are the extras, including heatsinks that I used to do the G10 mod to my card:

2 Packs of Cosmos Copper VGA Heatsinks

1 Pack of Cosmos mini Aluminum VGA Heatsinks

1 Pack of Sekisui Double-Sided Adhesive Thermal Heatsink Tape

Optional: Aftermarket Thermal Compound, it often comes with the AIO Cooler, or if you have some already, if not I recommend the Gelid GC-Extreme

Optional: VGA to PWM Fan Adapter

Depending on your card make and model, you will also need a Copper Shim.  Find out the required thickness!  You can't use any ol' size, this is a specific measurement that you have to figure out. Could be .5mm // .8mm // 1.2mm.  The EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ACX Cooling required the 20mm x 20mm x .8mm Shim.

You have to take into account what it is though. THe plan is to keep it as a compute card (necessary), and add a 7950/280 to the system for gaming etc. But I hat the NOISE! that the 480 makes. ... (getting a quadro would still be quite loud, as reference designs only. For that matter, a 480 is still a boss card for 1080p (I just crank the settings to ultra (or max preset for the game), and so far I have not noticed any lag at all with it ). 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Hey guys, so what would be a reason not to buy this? I've been looking for a better cooling solution for awhile now and this might be it!

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

$28 can't hurt to try and risk, sadly its $60 aud for me :( 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

$28 can't hurt to try and risk, sadly its $60 aud for me :(

Well what could some of the risks be?

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

loosing $28

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I wouldn't put this on my CPU if it were the last CPU cooler on Earth.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I wouldn't put this on my CPU if it were the last CPU cooler on Earth.

Why is that?

Why is that?

Depends on whether or not you use AMD or Intel. And should it develop a leak, none of that will matter.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why is that?

1) it's a 120mm all-in-one liquid cooler that will underperform a proper heatsink while introducing unnecessary noise and the risk of leaks and 2) it's refurbished, which is the last word I want to hear in the same sentence as liquid. For $2 more, even a humble Hyper 212 EVO would put this thing to shame.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

leaking on to your component because it's not safe

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

Refurb means it wasw already broken. I wouldn't trust it.

There are a zillion reasons why it could be refurbished. It could of just been RMA'd for the fan control not working, or a mounting screw getting broken, a bent radiator fin etc. Who knows.

It could even be a return item that they marked as refurbished instead of used/ open box.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Refurbished is not something you should shy away from.  It comes with a full 30 day warranty, which gives you plenty of time to test the cooler outside of your system, which is what any smart owner will do before putting an AIO into their computer full of electrical equipment.  Refurbished is better than open box because it comes with ALL of the necessary materials that would have come if you bought brand new, Open Box item means missing materials.  This is according to Newegg's description.

For a CPU, I would not really recommend this unless it is for a small form factor.  I have always believed that half size(120/140mm) radiators are like a job half done and any $50 heatsink tower will outperform it.  For a GPU though, this is an incredible opportunity.  Check the OC.net G10 Owner's Club.  The vast majority of people in that thread use H55s to cool their GPUs, and experience a temperature reduction of 20C on the core.  I personally used a Kraken X31 for my G10 mod, and I experienced a drop of 20-23C depending on application when measuring the temperature of the core.

You can get a Manufacturer Refurbished H55 for $30, that comes with a 30 day warranty.  Pair it with a $30 G10 and buy $20 worth of heat sinks and thermal tape.  You just water cooled your GPU for $80 and dropped temperatures by 20C.

Just as @Lays said:  You dont know the reason why it was returned, it could be that someone didnt know how to mount it properly, maybe someone wanted to upgrade to a bigger radiator, maybe it wasn't compatible with their system, maybe the hoses werent long enough, there are a litany of different reasons why an item could be deemed refurbished.  I would not shy away from this item if you are at all interested in doing the G10 mod.

P.S. My Review/Guide to mounting the G10 + Kraken X31 + Heat sinks onto my EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX Cooler will be up soon.  In the mean time, check out my review on the Cooler Master Seidon 240M and Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.