How long does it take youtube to process?

dlf

Someone I follow on youtube uploaded a video (i guess about 6-7 AM central time), and @ 10:25 PM (central) it's still showing 240p & 360p as the only resolution options. One note though: It's 5+ hours, and the file (as he says) is about 15 GB and WMV. By now I'd of though we'd have a 480p option. :wacko: :blink:

Patience bruh, patience...

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

The video is more than 5 hours long?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Someone I follow on youtube uploaded a video (i guess about 6-7 AM central time), and @ 10:25 PM (central) it's still showing 240p & 360p as the only resolution options. One note though: It's 5+ hours, and the file (as he says) is about 15 GB and WMV. By now I'd of though we'd have a 480p option. :wacko: :blink:

Man it can take several hours for just a 30 minute video sometimes... At 5 hours, and in WMV, the video most likely is going through more transcoding then strictly necessary, plus it being a 15 GB file.

The YouTuber could most likely optimize his file more before uploading so that YT has to do less processing. For example, what codec was the WMV encoded in?

Anyway, yeah... that's going to take FOREVER to process. Is the file natively 1080p?

But yeah, he should definitely consider splitting his videos into 15-30 minute chunks. Or maybe hour chunks at the most. Even if he uploaded 5 1-hour clips, it would probably take less time to process each clip.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Even if he uploaded 5 1-hour clips, it would probably take less time to process each clip.

And if he monetizes the videos, 5x the monies :3

//ccap

I don't know weather it's 1080, or the codec. His other vids have been up to about 3 hours long but took far less time then this to process). Again, by now I'd think we'd be able to watch it in 480p, but we still only 360p.

We'll unless you have a $2500 12 core intel prosscer and 4 way quadros a this is going to take forever to render

We'll unless you have a $2500 12 core intel prosscer and 4 way quadros a this is going to take forever to render

He wasn't talking about rendering it, he was asking how long it takes for youtube to process it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W