Sterilized Water (?)

Good day guys. Quick question. I've been searching the net for this topic, but I keep finding only the comparison between distilled and deionized, nothing on sterile/sterilized water.

Is it ok to put in my WC setup? Any downsides / precautions when using sterilized vs distilled? Thanks

this is the sterilized water i'm talking about

post-109039-0-84614900-1408371680_thumb.post-109039-0-48769000-1408371695_thumb.

Good day guys. Quick question. I've been searching the net for this topic, but I keep finding only the comparison between distilled and deionized, nothing on sterile/sterilized water.

Is it ok to put in my WC setup? Any downsides / precautions when using sterilized vs distilled? Thanks

attachicon.gif20140818_155223.pngattachicon.gif20140818_155238.png

Took this from ehow but the explanation seems reasonable. 

"Water can be both distilled and sterilized.Distilled water is made through the reverse osmosis of water. Some uses of distilled water are in automotive cooling systems, steam irons and home aquariums due to the lack of minerals and impurities. Sterilization of water requires boiling or treating the water and is often used when water is not otherwise safe to drink."

So the water might contain impurities like minerals. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I'd use coolant that you buy in a bottle tbh.

Compatible with Windows 95

Sterilized may contain minerals

Deionized may still contain organics

Distilled is the only free of everything but water.

Deionized can still be used interchangeably with distilled, however. Biocide or kill coils will prevent growth of whatever organisms if any are present in deionized.

Error: 410

Took this from ehow but the explanation seems reasonable. 

"Water can be both distilled and sterilized.Distilled water is made through the reverse osmosis of water. Some uses of distilled water are in automotive cooling systems, steam irons and home aquariums due to the lack of minerals and impurities. Sterilization of water requires boiling or treating the water and is often used when water is not otherwise safe to drink."

So the water might contain impurities like minerals. 

Then I should just leave this be, and get a distilled water?

Sterilized may contain minerals

Deionized may still contain organics

Distilled is the only free of everything but water.

Ok thanks. Distilled it is.

Then I should just leave this be, and get a distilled water?

Yes. Best not risk it.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ok thanks. Distilled it is.

If distilled is not available, deionized is still ok.

Error: 410

Demineralized water is also ok.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

attachicon.gif20140818_155223.pngattachicon.gif20140818_155238.png

I would not use it as i can make out how the sterilization was done. It could be that it was just boiled for a period of time at a certain temperature but it could also mean that an additive was put in the water and you don't know it corrosion will increase so don't use it...IMO.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Yes. Best not risk it.

If distilled is not available, deionized is still ok.

I can get distilled water from the automotive section here. Just confirming that the ones I have is a no go before I do anything on my setup. thanks :)

DUDE JUST BUY A UV LIGHT BAR AND STERILIZE WITH IT.IT WILL HELP YOU A LOT IN OTHER THINGS TOO.