Rant about Stupid Questions

APrettyCoolWalrus

I check this forum for new questions and opportunities to give advice every hour or so and I get so pissed off when I see stupid questions. "How many Hz does this have," "i5 or 8350," "Is the 780 or 290 better?" and many other questions are on my screen covering up people who actually need help on LTT. To all those OPs that started these stupid threads, why don't you use your brain and just ask Google or go to the product's spec page instead of waste our time? Better yet, you the goddamn search bar at the top right of this forum. There have to be over 200 threads of "i5 or 83xx." Even the newbs to the forum should be competent enough to just use Google. Rant over.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I agree but its something that will never be fixed

People do ask some stupid and pointless questions!!!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Be... I... Jesus, why all that? Seems like a rather small thing, but I guess that might have been the idea, not a real problem so it's not worth the time?

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Be... I... Jesus, why all that? Seems like a rather small thing, but I guess that might have been the idea, not a real problem so it's not worth the time?

Oh god that font...

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Oh god that font...

Don't start unless you want an hour argument to ensue.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I just can't stand the illegible posts. I get that people might not speak english very well. But you'll be better off to use a translator software, or just post in your native language and let anyone who want's to answer translate it for themselves. But it does feel like there's alot more people that speak and read english, but just can't write worth a fuck.

I couldn't give fewer shits, the topics that I don't want to read, I don't click on them.

Your member rank goes perfectly with that statement lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I couldn't give fewer shits, the topics that I don't want to read, I don't click on them.

Did you read or not? These stupid topics drown out those who really need help. You can ignore them but they have already covered up competent people's threads.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

search bar at the top right of this forum.

Use the search bar, that's the only thing more broken then BF4..

If you need to search LTT use Google and either search just the keywords on LTT(advanced search) or add linus tech tips to your questions. (is the 780 or 290 better Linus tech tips)

other questions are on my screen covering up people who actually need help on LTT

I do fully agree on that though.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Did you read or not? These stupid topics drown out those who really need help. You can ignore them but they have already covered up competent people's threads.

Then use your scroll wheel, right?

Compatible with Windows 95

Use the search bar, that's the only thing more broken then BF4..

If you need to search LTT use Google and either search just the keywords on LTT(advanced search) or add linus tech tips to your questions. (is the 780 or 290 better Linus tech tips)

I do fully agree on that though.

Even tough the search bar sucks it will bring up dozens of results of 290 vs 780

Then use your scroll wheel, right?

You still aren't gonna find them, everything these days has already been asked and answered a thousand times over.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Even tough the search bar sucks it will bring up dozens of results of 290 vs 780

lol, yeah probably.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

There are people who does not have any experience with tech, i see nothing wrong with staring a topic and asking. 

Walrus brother, don't you think that they would at least understand that this could be answered with three words in google rather than start a new topic with 20 words explaining what they need?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

What really bother me is the people who post questions in the general discussion about pc tech which should go in the respected categories on the forum.

Or the people who reply just to say something negative and not help in anyway, or they reply then you ask them something and you never hear an answer so you post another topic and hear everyone complain about it.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

What really bother me is the people who post questions in the general discussion about pc tech which should go in the respected categories on the forum.

Or the people who reply just to say something negative and not help in anyway, or they reply then you ask them something and you never hear an answer so you post another topic and hear everyone complain about it.

I think I get the idea...I have something against stupid people and I want them to know that they are exactly that.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

People are too lazy (or dumb?) to look things up for themselves. It's sad but they'd rather write a new post containing "780 vs 290 - which one is better" than making an internet search to compare benchmarks and look for reviews.

144Hz goodness

I added him to my ignore list when he had like 40 posts lol.

Actually I think you've had me on your ignore list since 40 posts prior to that mark... You're response time was quite stellar I must admit!

Oh god that font...

Most annoying part (well the only part that annoys me period) is how it paints it over every second post I quote.

Don't start unless you want an hour argument to ensue.

Trust me I'd pass out long before that mark, way too tired to go for a repeat of that debacle...

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm in agreement about the stupid questions thing.

What especially clonks my dongers is when I see 20 threads asking about bottle necking in games when talking about processors that just about every gamer uses.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Actually I think you've had me on your ignore list since 40 posts prior to that mark... You're response time was quite stellar I must admit!

Most annoying part (well the only part that annoys me period) is how it paints it over every second post I quote.

Trust me I'd pass out long before that mark, way too tired to go for a repeat of that debacle...

Excessive use of different fonts / font colors for non post formatting purposes will result in moderative action.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

Please stop.

HTTP/2 203

I see that segment has been modified since my joining, alas the metaphorical crime that harmed no one is now... Well still a metaphorical crime that harms no one but what can you do? Mob mentality works like that, see something harmless that peeves them off and they spam the forums till they get it removed.

I added him to my ignore list when he had like 40 posts lol

So uh...how do you do that? He's a proper white knight too

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it