Rant about Stupid Questions

APrettyCoolWalrus

I check this forum for new questions and opportunities to give advice every hour or so and I get so pissed off when I see stupid questions. "How many Hz does this have," "i5 or 8350," "Is the 780 or 290 better?" and many other questions are on my screen covering up people who actually need help on LTT. To all those OPs that started these stupid threads, why don't you use your brain and just ask Google or go to the product's spec page instead of waste our time? Better yet, you the goddamn search bar at the top right of this forum. There have to be over 200 threads of "i5 or 83xx." Even the newbs to the forum should be competent enough to just use Google. Rant over.

We have a saying here: there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

Why bother yourself with such topics though, just ignore them.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I'm in agreement about the stupid questions thing.

What especially clonks my dongers is when I see 20 threads asking about bottle necking in games when talking about processors that just about every gamer uses.

Stupid poster: "Uhhh will my i7 4790k bottleneck a 770?" Me: "No, that CPU is the flagship of the i7 non extremes, why the fuck would it bottleneck?"

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

We have a saying here: there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

Why bother yourself with such topics though, just ignore them.

No you got that wrong, those who answer are doing a service but the OP is just simply too stupid to even think of googling the answer. There are at least two reliable benchmarking sites I can think of that come up instantly in Google. If I actually want posts, I have to answer these damn questions (or I can rant about it and defend myself to many people, which gets more posts :P).

No, it's not post-farming, I am truly disgusted by this lack of common sense to use an easy service.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

No you got that wrong, those who answer are doing a service but the OP is just simply too stupid to even think of googling the answer. There are at least two reliable benchmarking sites I can think of that come up instantly in Google. If I actually want posts, I have to answer these damn questions (or I can rant about it and defend myself to many people, which gets more posts :P).

No, it's not post-farming, I am truly disgusted by this lack of common sense to use an easy service.

While Google is good...

what if the first results that come up are cpuboss/gpuboss? Those sites just don't give a realistic picture.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

While Google is good...

what if the first results that come up are cpuboss/gpuboss? Those sites just don't give a realistic picture.

Use a Google string when searching. Gtx 770 vs 290 Linus tips.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Use a Google string when searching. Gtx 770 vs 290 Linus tips.

Why would it have to be LTT?

Spoiler

It's a internet forum, why do you let it make you angry? Bigger things in life than "Stupid" questions.

It's a internet forum, why do you let it make you angry? Bigger things in life than "Stupid" questions.

I see it more than an internet forum, I see it as a community. I don't know if you have realized this yet seeing that you have 8 posts.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

While Google is good...

http://www.cpu-world.com/

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU14/815

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/common_cpus.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mother-cpu-charts-2005,1175.html

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXuqSBlHAE6Xw-yeJA0Tunw

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ1rSlahM7TYWGxEscL0g7Q

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjTCFFq605uuq4YN4VmhkBA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNovoA9w0KnxyDP5bGrOYzg

If the first results are gpuboss or cpuboss then (false deity) help them. Honestly GPU and CPU Boss are good for derp questions like 290x vs 760. You got me there, but there are also plenty of other places to check i you want to be sure.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I see it more than an internet forum, I see it as a community. I don't know if you have realized this yet seeing that you have 8 posts.

I wasn't born yesterday and this isn't the first Forum/Community i signed up on.

I check this forum for new questions and opportunities to give advice every hour or so and I get so pissed off when I see stupid questions. "How many Hz does this have," "i5 or 8350," "Is the 780 or 290 better?" and many other questions are on my screen covering up people who actually need help on LTT. To all those OPs that started these stupid threads, why don't you use your brain and just ask Google or go to the product's spec page instead of waste our time? Better yet, you the goddamn search bar at the top right of this forum. There have to be over 200 threads of "i5 or 83xx." Even the newbs to the forum should be competent enough to just use Google. Rant over.

The thing is I think some people do search but maybe they didn't understand the answer given in that thread or there was one extra detail missed out and if they replied to a thread that was say 1+ month old they'd get bashed for thread necroing...

The thing is I think some people do search but maybe they didn't understand the answer given in that thread or there was one extra detail missed out and if they replied to a thread that was say 1+ month old they'd get bashed for thread necroing...

Possibly the only good point I've heard in this thread.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I wasn't born yesterday and this isn't the first Forum/Community i signed up on.

Then you must not understand what a community should be. Do you want someone to come up to you while you are doing your firefighter duties (thanks for that, btw) and asking you if a human can eat an apple?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Then you must not understand what a community should be. Do you want someone to come up to you while you are doing your firefighter duties (thanks for that, btw) and asking you if a human can eat an apple?

Lol well i have been asked a lot of things while working, but not that yet.

All i was getting at was just brush it off and move along. If there wasnt "stupid" or repost questions, we'd have 100 topics on here and never a new one.

Lol well i have been asked a lot of things while working, but not that yet.

All i was getting at was just brush it off and move along. If there wasnt "stupid" or repost questions, we'd have 100 topics on here and never a new one.

Another good point.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Guys, what specs will 880 be?????

Lol I was going to post this too.

*high five*

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

So uh...how do you do that? He's a proper white knight too

Click on your name in the top right corner, select manage ignore preferences on the left side of the dropdown menu, add my name.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Guys, what specs will 880 be?????

Ask WCCFTech, they always know. :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I check this forum for new questions and opportunities to give advice every hour or so and I get so pissed off when I see stupid questions. "How many Hz does this have," "i5 or 8350," "Is the 780 or 290 better?" and many other questions are on my screen covering up people who actually need help on LTT. To all those OPs that started these stupid threads, why don't you use your brain and just ask Google or go to the product's spec page instead of waste our time? Better yet, use the damn search bar at the top right of this forum. There have to be over 200 threads of "i5 or 83xx." Even the newbs to the forum should be competent enough to just use Google. Rant over.

So, APrettyCoolWalrus is a little hot under the collar. :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator