Which Mechanical Keyboard should I get?

Hey guys,

My membrane keyboard is a slowly deteriorating and dirty thing. Loud and clumsy and sometimes unresponsive - Sometimes even ceasing to function. So I thought I should abandon ship before I am left keyboardless.

In case it's relevant, as well as typing a lot, I also play various RTS, FPS and RPGs. I am not too picky about volume but black and blue is my PC's colour scheme and I do love me some macro keys. I don't really want to spend over £80 without proper justification seeing as it is a keyboard.

Thanks.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Try out CM Storm Keyboards, they are cheap and have great build quality. If you want macros then I don't how to help you.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

k95 if you have the space. Really an awesome keyboard! Reds are my fave switch, but i am a very light typist so that's why ^^

you can try Tesoro Durandal, but I strongly recommend you to avoid their products

If you can find CM keyboard - don't hesitate

I was considering getting a Tesoro Durandal, what's so bad about them?

With your budget I would take a look at CM Storm's Quickfire series.

I love my Das Keyboard Ultimate with Cherry MX Blues. These were the older model so might have come down in price?

NPBemjR.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I love my Das Keyboard Ultimate with Cherry MX Blues. These were the older model so might have come down in price?

NPBemjR.jpg

I find the lack of letters, numbers or anything absolutely fucking terrifying for some reason.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

I find the lack of letters, numbers or anything absolutely fucking terrifying for some reason.

Letters, numbers, other things? Psh, you don't need to see those  :lol:

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Letters, numbers, other things? Psh, you don't need to see those  :lol:

Bring them back! I'm freaked out!

-bigimagesnip-

it feels like a car with a black opaque windscreen

it looks cool tho, and i guess it teaches you how to write without looking at the keyboard the same way as some people throw children in the sea yelling "SWIM SON, SWIM!" to do swimming lessons

it feels like a car with a black opaque windscreen

it looks cool tho, and i guess it teaches you how to write without looking at the keyboard the same way as some people throw children in the sea yelling "SWIM SON, SWIM!" to do swimming lessons

LOL yes quite!  :lol:

I was considering getting a Tesoro Durandal, what's so bad about them?

Not always the most reliable quality control.

That and bullshit about anti-ghosting. I get non-pressed keys "stuck" until you press it. Really, that's infuriating.

Also their software crashes, I would say, 80 to 90 percent of time. So you don't have ability to change written macros. I would even say - you don't have macro ability at all.

And the last one - the palm rest is as if it's not there, so I had to buy Grifiti Fat wrist pad to get some comfort.

Pretty much the sex imo.

1518260_575947845813647_1596011091_o.jpg

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Pretty much the sex imo.

1518260_575947845813647_1596011091_o.jpg

What is it and how much is that booty-licious keyboard?

What is it and how much is that booty-licious keyboard?

It's in the pic actually, it's a Ducky Premier, and it comes with PBT key caps...I love PBT key caps! Check out the link below....it isn't cheap but is of excellent build quality.

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/keyboard.html

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

It's in the pic actually, it's a Ducky Premier, and it comes with PBT key caps...I love PBT key caps! Check out the link below....it isn't cheap but is of excellent build quality.

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/keyboard.html

Not available in the UK as it seems (Amazon and google shopping results)

Not available in the UK as it seems (Amazon and google shopping results)

Ignore that, looked in partners instead =D

Ignore that, looked in partners instead =D

You do know you could of just edited that post? haha

You do know you could of just edited that post? haha

Shut uuuuup! I don't wanna look stupid in front of the cool kids...