Define R4 wont start from powerswitch

JantsoP

So i build a PC for my friend and now im having an issue that the whole PC wont boot. I can see from the MoBo and GPU that it gets power, but when i press the power button nothing happends. I have Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 MoBo and i tried it with the wire block between and off and still nothing. I red someplace else that he had same issue and the panel was fried or something. Any tips how i can jumpstart the MoBo so i can even see does it POST?

look at where the cable meets the front io, the positive/negative ends could have came unhooked. 

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

:huh: the define r4 is a case. Nevermind, read it wrong. To jumpstart it from the motherboard, just get a screwdriver and short out the two pins that say PWRSWITCH or something like that on your motherboard's front panel header.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Get a momentary push button switch and test it with that.

You can also try plugging the reset switch cable where the power switch would go. Then press the reset switch and see if anything happens.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

:huh: the define r4 is a case.

Yes it is. Do you not understand his question?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

:huh: the define r4 is a case.

yes, so where the cable meets the button 

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Yes it is. Do you not understand his question?

I just did. I misread the title as Define R4 won't power on.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

So i build a PC for my friend and now im having an issue that the whole PC wont boot. I can see from the MoBo and GPU that it gets power, but when i press the power button nothing happends. I have Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 MoBo and i tried it with the wire block between and off and still nothing. I red someplace else that he had same issue and the panel was fried or something. Any tips how i can jumpstart the MoBo so i can even see does it POST?

make sure that the 8pin and 24pin cables are connected properly to the mobo.. if 8pin is not connected it wont power up.

if both are connected then check the Power and Reset buttons.. check if those are connected properly.. you can get the details of how to connect in the MOBO manual itself..

I fixed it. I just shouted and cursed 5 mins and it magicly started working :D

Yes, that is the correct technique.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Did you try The Black Speech of Mordor?