$25 Case Modded/Painted

Mightybaal

His harp is the optical drive, If its cause the fact its an optical drive and WTF who uses one of those I get his point. You could just software mod your steam dashboard to be black and orange right? JK. Anyway I like the two tone thing going on with your ODD so if that's a harp for him its more of a violin to me.

THe dvd drive is a must as its a media/server machine. I do alot of backing up movies for my 3 year old as he kills dvd's. my gaming machine doesnt have one and nor does my laptop or other computer. Thanks for your comment teej

THe dvd drive is a must as its a media/server machine. I do alot of backing up movies for my 3 year old as he kills dvd's. my gaming machine doesnt have one and nor does my laptop or other computer. Thanks for your comment teej

Now that was a weird mental picture I got...

I really really like this case mod. You've got me seriously considering doing this to my current pc. I've got about 5 old ass dells in my garage I can practice on too...

what was the case your using there it looks similar to my cit 1011b?

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

what was the case your using there it looks similar to my cit 1011b?

To be honest i cant remember. Bought the case a few years ago from Dcomp in Australia. Your model does sound similar to mine of memory but cant be exact.

That's not even look cheap after you mod it, nice work there.

I too  currently using  a cheap case too, for about $30. But it's all painted black inside. Still manage to paint the other parts to match my components and LEDs

Great for a first job! Keep it up.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

It looks awesome

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

Some more mods please? 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Like i said in a previous post. Will be doing cable sleeving with custom lengths. Just got to get the money to get the tools to do it. I run on a tight budget. Plus i also been doing other cases as well that im working on. But thanks again for your kind words.

Very nice  job ( AH the days o model  building ) if you  do your sleeving project you should have a  wire stripper on hand

i like the color scheme looks awesome

CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 4.2GHz Quad-Core    CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid     Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150   Memory Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600     Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" SSD     Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM    Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB   Case Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower   Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V  Optical Drive none Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate

very very nice im going to try this to i already have the thingys drilled out but and already painted the case but i have no idea how to put it back together 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

very very nice 'm going to try this to i already have the thingys drilled out and already painted the case; but i have no idea how to put it back together.

lol maybe there are tutorials some were.

CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 4.2GHz Quad-Core    CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid     Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150   Memory Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600     Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" SSD     Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM    Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB   Case Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower   Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V  Optical Drive none Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate

No tutorials needed. You just piece it together how you think it goes and as long as the holes match up then its fine. I at least took photo's before i pulled it all apart so i had a reference though.

Nice paint choice i really like the black with the orange! 

• 3 months later...

I'm kind of afraid of painting my own case as I'm quite uncomfortable with sanding over a spayed case. I'm afraid to screw it all up, making scratches and uneven surfaces.

The use Plasti-dip. If you mess up you can peel it off.

Space is pretty awesome.

I thought of plasti dip but dam its expensive in Australia. $30 a can and probably need 8 to 10 cans for a case.  Not worth it in my opinion

looks awesome!

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

That looks really cool! Nice Work!

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

Wow dude that really nice! Nice paint job and color. Orange and black is just pure genius... This inspires me to paint my computer case :D

It's a lot better than what it was before.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Wow dude that really nice! Nice paint job and color. Orange and black is just pure genius... This inspires me to paint my computer case :D

If i inspire just one person then i feel i have succeeded.  I still have a bit to do on this case but it comes to money.  Just got another 8800gtx graphics card and cleaned it up like the first one. Running in SLI now. Trying to get it to be a semi old school watercool build. 

I got a new PSU to go in it and sleeve.

If I ever do a mod I m just gonna buy spray paint, sand paper and paint the whole damn thing. Thats how you mod ;)

If I ever do a mod I m just gonna buy spray paint, sand paper and paint the whole damn thing. Thats how you mod ;)

I have also cut holes all throughout the case for cable management. i also have future plans for the build that i will add later.  But please advise me on your modding skills so i can learn off you.