ShadowPlay settings are missing

Go to solution Solved by Michael McAllister,

Here's something you could try.  Download the GPU driver package from Nvidia.  Then completely disconnect yourself from the Internet by disabling your Wi-Fi card or disconnecting your ethernet cable.  Go through the uninstall process.  Disconnecting yourself from the Internet will ensure that Windows does not attempt to automatically retrieve the driver from Windows Update.

If done correctly, your resolution should look rather strange/big when you restart your computer.  After logging into your system, go to where you have downloaded the installer and start the process.  It should give you the option for an Express Installation or Custom.  Select Custom Installation.  On the next screen you should see an empty box that says something similar to clean or fresh install.  Go ahead and click that box.  Unfortunately, selecting this option will mean that you will have to reconfigure any Nvidia Control Panel or GFE settings.  The goal is to ensure that the installation is as fresh as possible and that a corrupt installation isn't the cause of your particular issue.

Hopefully this helps!  :)

Edited wording.

Hi everybody

I'm not sure whether to post here or in Software.

But I can't find my ShadowPlay settings anymore, it used to be in the upper right corner of GeForce Experience.

I know it's on my PC, because the record status indicator and FPS counter is showing when in-game.

I have tried reinstalling GeForce Experience, but nothing changed.

This is what my GeForce Experience looks like:

post-23639-0-44453200-1408232684.png

Can you help me?

I have an i5-4670K and GTX-770 (full specs in my profile), and I just noticed this today, but I have been wondering for a couple of weeks why it seemed like it's always turned on when I start my PC.

Looks like my problem is similar, when I open/re-open GeForce Experience it asks me to "Connect to the Internet and click Retry to see additional details", but when I run it only finds out that I can use the LED Visualizer, just like post #2 in your thread.

Here's something you could try.  Download the GPU driver package from Nvidia.  Then completely disconnect yourself from the Internet by disabling your Wi-Fi card or disconnecting your ethernet cable.  Go through the uninstall process.  Disconnecting yourself from the Internet will ensure that Windows does not attempt to automatically retrieve the driver from Windows Update.

If done correctly, your resolution should look rather strange/big when you restart your computer.  After logging into your system, go to where you have downloaded the installer and start the process.  It should give you the option for an Express Installation or Custom.  Select Custom Installation.  On the next screen you should see an empty box that says something similar to clean or fresh install.  Go ahead and click that box.  Unfortunately, selecting this option will mean that you will have to reconfigure any Nvidia Control Panel or GFE settings.  The goal is to ensure that the installation is as fresh as possible and that a corrupt installation isn't the cause of your particular issue.

Hopefully this helps!  :)

Edited wording.

Edited by Michael McAllister

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Thank you so much

This fixed the problem, I unstalled GeForce Experience and the graphics driver, and did the custom installation with the clean install option.

Now it's giving me all the features.

I'll never trust GeForce Experience to install my driver again, that was the second time it has failed to do so correctly. First time I tried it, it crashed during the installation, and this time I thought I would give it a go again, I guess I was wrong to believe that they had fixed the installation issues.

Thank you so much

This fixed the problem, I unstalled GeForce Experience and the graphics driver, and did the custom installation with the clean install option.

Now it's giving me all the features.

I'll never trust GeForce Experience to install my driver again, that was the second time it has failed to do so correctly. First time I tried it, it crashed during the installation, and this time I thought I would give it a go again, I guess I was wrong to believe that they had fixed the installation issues.

You're welcome!  :)

My PC specifications are in my profile.