Good parts for gaming PC?

This will be the first computer I have built and am planning to make it really nice. I want three screen gaming at a fairly good FPS (No less than 30, wanting 60). I also don't want to spend more than $1,300 (hopefully less than $1,200). I have created a list of parts that I think will work, but because I have never done something like this, I would like confirmation that this is pretty good. Also, I am sure that the graphics card will be suitable for now, as I plan to get another one and crossfire whenever I get enough money to (assuming this one isn't quite as powerful as I want). Any feedback is appreciated!

Link to proposed build

What resolution will you be gaming at? And I recommend you go with 2x4 instead of 1x8 memory dimms

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I am not sure of what resolution I will be gaming at, but it will be somewhere in the middle because that is really all I need. Also, what is more appealing about the 2x4? It seams that the 1x8 would be more compact and efficient, along with being able to expand better.

Edit: Oh wait, I mean I will using medium graphics settings, and the resolution will be really whatever the max I can get out of it.

that amd card looks like a reference design its cheap i guess if you dont mind the heat and sound also i would go with just 2 monitors and use that money for a ssd. and get a 2x4gb ram instead of a 1x8gb ram sure that limits you a bit in upgrading but dual channel has quite a bit of performance gain than single channel and by the time you need more than 16GB you need to upgrade to ddr4

I am not sure of what resolution I will be gaming at, but it will be somewhere in the middle because that is really all I need. Also, what is more appealing about the 2x4? It seams that the 1x8 would be more compact and efficient, along with being able to expand better.

...somewhere in the middle? What does that mean? With two sticks you can run the memory in dual channel mode which is faster than if you were to use one stick.

I should be studying.

2x4 has 2 times the bandwidth so you will see some performance difference there and 16GB is plenty unless you are doing professional work that needs the ram

you probably should get a cpu cooler the amd cooler is loud though i had it for a while and admittedly it did keep the cpu cool that reference r9 290 design is going to kill your ears

...somewhere in the middle? What does that mean? With two sticks you can run the memory in dual channel mode which is faster than if you were to use one stick.

By in the middle I mean in game, the graphics set to medium. And with dual channel mode it makes sense why 2x4 is faster.

By in the middle I mean in game, the graphics set to medium. And with dual channel mode it makes sense why 2x4 is faster.

Those are graphics settings, not resolution. You need a better cpu. The one you chose is crap ;)  :P . Are you planning to be gaming across all three monitors?

I should be studying.

I dont see any bottlenecks

....he is using an FX 4350 

I should be studying.

Those are graphics settings, not resolution. You need a better cpu. The one you chose is crap ;)  :P . Are you going to be gaming across all three monitors?

Oh, but I will be gaming at whatever resolution is native. Yes I will be gaming across all three monitors, and do you have a suggestion for what cpu I should get instead that fits with the parts?

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($96.99 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 

Monitor: Asus VS228H-P 21.5" Monitor  ($127.58 @ Newegg) 

Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N150PCe 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($8.99 @ Amazon) 

Case Fan: Cooler Master Blade Master 76.8 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($9.62 @ Amazon) 

Fan Controller: Aerocool F6XT Fan Controller  ($19.99 @ Mwave) 

Keyboard: AZIO L70 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($19.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $1285.94

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-15 17:29 EDT-0400

Oh, but I will be gaming at whatever resolution is native. Yes I will be gaming across all three monitors, and do you have a suggestion for what cpu I should get instead that fits with the parts?

At this budget, don't get an AMD cpu. They aren't really priced to compete with the competition. (Intel) I would suggest an i5 4670k/4690k and a decent z87/z97 motherboard. It is hard to go triple monitors at this budget. I would recommend sticking with one.

I should be studying.

Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N150PCe 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($8.99 @ Amazon) 

i dont think he really think he needs the noctua cpu cooler a hyper 212 evo would be the better price choice and i am sort of a gskill fanboy so i would choose the gskill sniper over corsair vengeance but personal preference  

At this budget, don't get an AMD cpu. They aren't really priced to compete with the competition. (Intel) I would suggest an i5 4670k/4690k and a decent z87/z97 motherboard. It is hard to go triple monitors at this budget. I would recommend sticking with one.

Ok, I will adopt the suggested list with several changes. The main changes will be no SSD and three monitors. Does that then seem like a good build?

nooo always get a ssd and 3 monitors are not necessary get 2 monitors 

i dont think he really think he needs the noctua cpu cooler a hyper 212 evo would be the better price choice and i am sort of a gskill fanboy so i would choose the gskill sniper over corsair vengeance but personal preference  

Well, if it is only personal preference and no real performance difference, along with the better price, I think I will get that instead.

you will be surprised at how a ssd can change your gaming life with vastly superior load times i can be in a game of cs go 30 seconds faster than my friend who has a hard drive 

Ok, I will adopt the suggested list with several changes. The main changes will be no SSD and three monitors. Does that then seem like a good build?

No. At this budget, you really should buy the SSD. Performance difference is night and day. I can't recommend that you go with a triple monitor gaming setup running off of one r9 290. I highly recommend you stick with a single monitor setup, or wait until you can afford two r9 290's to build your pc. If I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't recommend someone else to.

I should be studying.

u wot m8

SSD are love

SSD are life

100 posts ayy lmao

Well, if it is only personal preference and no real performance difference, along with the better price, I think I will get that instead.

at the time of my buying the gskill sniper was cheaper than corsair vengeance not 100% sure about the price now 

Noctua is night and day better than a Hyper 212 EVO. You will have much lower temps.

I should be studying.