Parents go to jail for playing WoW instead of feeding their kids

Nineshadow

world-of-warcraft-couple.jpg?w=400&h=225

An Anaheim couple was sentenced to prison for keeping their two young daughters locked inside their filthy mobile home for years without adequate food or basic care while they obsessively played the online computer game World of Warcraft.

Lester Louis Huffmire and his wife Petra Huffmire, both 41, pleaded guilty on Aug. 5 to two felony counts of child abuse, two misdemeanor counts of false imprisonment, one misdemeanor count of contributing to delinquency of a minor, and sentencing enhancements for great bodily injury, according to a news release from the Orange County District Attorney’s Office.

Lester Huffmire was sentenced to five years in state prison. Petra Huffmire was sentenced to three years and four months in state
prison.

Between May 21, 2010, and May 20, 2013, the couple kept their mobile park home unsanitary and uninhabitable, prosecutors said.

Investigators found kitchen appliances “covered in mold and cobwebs, stacks of trash, debris, mold, and feces throughout the home, a pile of used condoms under a stuffed teddy bear, and inoperable toilets,” according to the release.

Both adults were unemployed and played World of Warcraft all day, prosecutors said.

They did not allow the children, ages 10 and 5, out of the home for any reason, even to attend school.

A neighbor finally called the Anaheim Police Department, which conducted a welfare check and found the children with dirt crusted on their feet, matted hair, damaged teeth beyond repair, and malnourished, the release stated.

Source

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

a4uo7WF.gif

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

wat

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

wow... just wow(<- Reaction) How can you become so obsessed with WoW that something like this can happend....

They probably couldnt be worse parents if they tried. They deserve in my opinion a harsher sentence

This Post Was Brought To You By Internet Explorer

shitty game too :(

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Woah. That is, really, really bad. Poor children :( Luckily they finally got caught. 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Time for the media to blame the game industry as whole for a story that involves one game but is really about people being terrible.

Because journalism! 

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

this is kinda old isn't it?

or is this marketing for the new WOW expansion?

insert your conspiracykeanu.jpg meme here.

Wtf?!

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

Terrible, I bet a lot of people are going to blame WoW or even video games in general for this.

Just like when the media blamed DOOM for the Columbine Shooting. :(

i wonder if the same thing happened but replace WOW with the NEWS and see if the NEWS would get the blame.  We all know they won't blame themselves for anything when they are wrong. This report should say " Severely poor Parenting in Mobile Home".