Hello Kitty is in space!

Nineshadow

qg6blkd7lwbyelhufxru.gif

One of Japan's most famous cute characters is now orbiting the Earth. That's right, Hello Kitty has been shot into space. 

According to Reuters, a 1.6 inch tall Hello Kitty is on the Hodoyoshi-3 satellite. The Hello Kitty figure is next to a window overlooking our spinning blue planet. Above the window is an electronic message board, and Hello Kitty fans can send in short messages that might be broadcasted on the board. 

The satellite is the size of a large trashcan, Reuters reports, and is part of a $40 million government-funded program aimed at attracting private companies to space satellites. 

While this might seem like it's just a little Hello Kitty figure in a satellite, researchers spent the past few months ensuring that while the satellite was in orbit, the Earth would continue to serve as a backdrop for Hello Kitty. A special coating was needed for the Kitty-chan figure so it could withstand the elements in space. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Woah.You'd think we'd spend our time doing something better than sending toys into outer space.
-.-

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

MOAR SPACE JUNK!! :D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

What next? Gigantic adverts on the moon visible with a telescope?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/15/5719758/can-of-pocari-sweat-going-to-moon-in-2015

pocari-sweat2_verge_super_wide.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Nyan Cat.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020