Who else got their A level results today?

MrTomnus

That's nothing like the schooling system I was in, homework was chased up and you were made to do it in detention. 

Were there still Grammar schools in your area?

Compatible with Windows 95

My school was the grammar school (not for many many years) and is one of the best state schools in the area.

You see, the way I see it is that the grammar schools in my area cream off the top people who excel at verbal reasoning. Then you get everyone else who may drop out or what have you. Basically, you get a class of people in the comprehensive schools who under-perform and don't get pushed well enough, so achieve shitty grades. People may get As by doing loads of work, but in the Grammar schools, doing such work is what everyone does, but in the comprehensive system, it is not normal, and the workload is not expected of you.

One of the local comprehensive schools just got deemed inadequate, that is the state of many comprehensive schools.

People may get As by doing loads of work, but in the Grammar schools, doing such work is what everyone does, but in the comprehensive system, it is not normal, and the workload is not expected of you.

So you blame your underachieving on the level of work that's expected of you?  You think not doing a lot of work is normal and that's what people expect you to do so you conform with that?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

So you blame your underachieving on the level of work that's expected of you?  You think not doing a lot of work is normal and that's what people expect you to do so you conform with that?

If you go to a school that expects mediocre-ness and the bog-standard average and barely encourages proper work, then there is very little motivation to do any work. Besides, the resources aren't provided for the work to be done fully.

If you go to a school that expects mediocre-ness and the bog-standard average and barely encourages proper work, then there is very little motivation to do any work. Besides, the resources aren't provided for the work to be done fully.

But the blame shouldn't be solely on your school, they may not have helped or encouraged you but it's your choice to work hard or not.  What resources weren't provided?  You can find everything on the internet.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

But the blame shouldn't be solely on your school, they may not have helped or encouraged you but it's your choice to work hard or not.  What resources weren't provided?  You can find everything on the internet.

Motivation is key, my friend, and what you have to remember is that actually, if the pressure is just not on, you will have an underperforming school. It's just the way it works anywhere; you let standards slip, the grades slip too.

Motivation is key

I completely agree, if you're not working towards anything or have a goal you want to reach then the effort doesn't get put in that needs to be.  The College I attended only wanted students to achieve a passing grade so they received money for that student, they didn't care what specific grade you got so long as you passed the course.  My friends and I would try to out-do each other all the time though which helped us a lot, a bit a friendly competition goes a long way.

Just got into Aston after an 11 hour wait. Foundation year as I messed up my maths pretty bad, but in a years time I'll be doing Computer Science.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

two u grades and two e grades

For reference ive never under a c grade in my life until now.(i was predicted A in all four subjects)

no im not taking it well, i put my heart and soul into revision i would do a stupid amount of past papers everyday and get 90+% in them and then this, rock bottem.

As for the aftermath ive been kicked out of my college.

So then if any of you guys think you have done bad then quit being a bitch, accept the facts.

Since I've been on holiday I thought there would be a thread on this. I did terrible as well. I was predicted A's and B's in my subjects and got a BCDD. I saw that sheet and just didn't know how to feel. Especially when you walk out of every exam feeling like I did enough for my predicted grades.

I feel bad for you dude, it must've just hurt.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0