Call of Duty Ghosts, Not using new engine as previously claimed?

JaeDee884

I think they were trying build up hype, not like they needed to try to do that. Their games will sell anyway.

Team Carl

The only things wrong with cod series is host advantage, and crappy installments such as mw3. I though cod4 and mw2 were awesome games. Graphics engines don't matter for mass market fps, look at CS, do you really think those thousands of loyal fans care about graphics. Yes new games year after year get old, but cod is a decent shooter with above average hit detection IMO.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

The announcement was just hype! They have to tell everyone somethings has changed and why not just say it's been completely remodeled around a 'new' game engine. Let's look back at all of the previous COD games. They all claimed to be 'ALL NEW' everything when it's the same old crap. That just shows you they know their customers are gullible morons.  

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I laughed at this

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

You sir, have just made my day!

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I haven't bought a COD game since the first Modern Warfare, so honestly I don't really care what the franchise is up to...

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I made the stupid mistake of buying both black ops and mw3 I did end up re-selling them but i've decided that Activision has taken enough of my money (not including blizzard) 

I was thinking that. In the reveal gameplay it didn't look a whole lot better. The textures at least. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Have people forgotten that the actual brains behind COD have moved on long ago? IW is a shell of it's former self, and the only resemblance to the COD4 era is the name.

No company completely starts from fresh when making a new game, or engine for that matter.  
Did you think Frostbite 2.0 is completely different from Frostbite 1.0? of course not; It's just a heavily modified version.  

It would be silly for companies to wast resources remaking things that already work.  

What justifies a new version of a piece of software is very different than a new item in the physical world.  It is a new version because it is very different than the previous version, and you're not going to fine a piece of software that does not share some resources with a previous version.  

I am not going to invest in that Shit Box One or their Crap of Duty N for a number of reasons.

CoD releases a new "version" every year, when it's just not necessary, at all! Same lame graphics, nearly same guns, and cookie cutter maps. Not to mention the 2-3 DLC's that come out a year.

As for the Xbox I had high hopes, however I will not pay money to play online, nor do I believe in any type of required internet connection in consoles.

If I invest in the any of the new consoles, even with the limited information I have it will be the PS4.

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

This was expected to be honest, Activision always lies.

I don't care about the engine, I'm just after the storyline.

Not a fanboy but playing CoD campaigns is fun for me. :D

{B t t tk Pf t B t t tk Pf tk B Pf} <--- This is my language. BEATBOXING FOR LIFE!

Isnt Cod based on quake 3 engine?

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

That was amusing, thanks for that.  :lol:

I think they ea-ed it.........producers do you even geometry? 

Console gamers, behind PC gamers by ten years since 2000

Arokhantos, on 27 May 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

Did't old IW people move on to EA to work on bf3 ? and probably bf4 now

Nope they have nothing to do with DICE. They made a new studio http://www.respawn.com/ which has been making a secret project for quite a while but i think they will show it at this years E3. ACTIVIONS actually stole Call Of Duty franchise and fired them, they are now i think in a multi bilion court dispute.

But yeah i don't see my self buying an ACTIVISION BLIZZARD game any time soon.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black