In need of a backup phone

TopWargamer

My backup phone use to be some old Droid phone for Verizon, but I'm not on Verizon anymore. I'm on T-Mobile now, so the old Droid phone won't work on their network. I've been on TMo for a little while now, but I now have the money to get a spare phone.

Either way, I need a backup phone...more than you may think. As _ASSASSIN_ knows, I tinker around with my phone too much, aaaand I have the potential to mess things up...very, very badly... I have a G2...my 2nd one in fact. The first one got bricked. Ya...

So basically, need a backup phone in case I bork out my current G2 lol.

Anyways, I think I may get the Nokia Lumia 521 for T-Mobile. I can get one for around $50 used, and I don't mind that it's used, since it won't be my daily driver. But what other options are out there in the $50ish range, new or used?

COMIC SANS

My best answer is don't fuck up the G2, but the Lumia should serve as a decent choice. You could probably also pick up an S II for that much, but it probably won't be all that nice to use.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

My best answer is don't fuck up the G2, but the Lumia should serve as a decent choice. You could probably also pick up an S II for that much, but it probably won't be all that nice to use.

Hah, I know. I've been fairly cautious with this G2 so far...

Anyways, I think the Lumia 521 would perform better than the S2. Plus, the S2 runs on Gingerbread...which by today's standards is bleh. Even if I were to get the S2, it takes a mini-SIM card, and I only have a micro-SIM card.

COMIC SANS

Anyways, I think the Lumia 521 would perform better than the S2. Plus, the S2 runs on Gingerbread...which by today's standards is bleh. Even if I were to get the S2, it takes a mini-SIM card, and I only have a micro-SIM card.

Just get (or make) a SIM adapter. An S2 is a lot better then any Lumia if you're used to Android. It's really easy to get the latest KitKat running on the T-Mo S2. Heck, if you need a cheap backup phone that works decently, pick up one of the old Nexus S's. They can be found for quite cheap on eBay, they still run quite well, are pretty much foolproof to get latest version of Android on them, and are practically unbrickable. Make sure you get the i9020 model and not the Sprint ones

"Rawr XD"

They have adapters from Micro-SIM to Mini-SIM, and if you root and unlock the S2, there are plenty of 4.4.2 ROMs.

Though, at least you won't be tempted to tinker with the 521, nor will you be able to have it become FUBAR. Get it :P

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

s2 can run 4.4.4 Kitkat if you root and install CM.

Though, at least you won't be tempted to tinker with the 521

Which is why I'm thinking about getting the Lumia 521...

COMIC SANS

Moto E, best one so far.