Is it worth it?

Yeah. My whole upgrade schedule is based on water cooling. Because if I decide I want to water cool I need to get a good water cooling case. Then if I have the money to spend. I need a laptop for school as well. So I wouldn't be able to buy parts anyways for the next 5 months or so.

I say just to hold off, it's better to get better hardware than to splurge on a custom loop in my opinion.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

I say just to hold off, it's better to get better hardware than to splurge on a custom loop in my opinion.

Yes I agree.

But now I need to make a decision whether to get a case I like and has no water cooling support. Or get a case I like a little less, but has excellent support.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

A lot of people havent mentioned the most obvious reason to water cool and that's the temps. That's the main reason I watercooled my rig is because the Australian summer is a killer normally but if I want to game I need something to keep those temps down and it looks sexy

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

A lot of people havent mentioned the most obvious reason to water cool and that's the temps. That's the main reason I watercooled my rig is because the Australian summer is a killer normally but if I want to game I need something to keep those temps down and it looks sexy

I live in canada. It's hot sometimes, but not enough to justify spending 500$.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

My hardware is pretty good. I have a 4770k and a 780.

Pssh....4770k....I have an A6 quad core.....backs into corner....(thinks to self) I will show them when I have a 4790k with x-fire 290x and fully water cooled loop.

I live in canada. It's hot sometimes, but not enough to justify spending 500$.

Come to iowa where it gets up to the 100's in the summer and -30s in the winter...

If you plan on chaining hardware, I wouldn't recommend water cooling till you have what you want.

Unless you want to get quick connects for the cpu and gpu(s) like I plan on doing...20-40 (USD) a piece....

Dollar Amounts (USD)

CPU = 40-80

CPU + GPU = 80-160

CPU + GPU + GPU = 120-240

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Come to iowa where it gets up to the 100's in the summer and -30s in the winter...

I'm sorry I don't speak American.

Tell me about these quick disconnects...

Tell me about these quick disconnects...

Are you joking, I assume you are lol...anyways quick disconnects umm...video...

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Are you joking, I assume you are lol...anyways quick disconnects umm...video...

I do believe if the temperature got up to 100 then you would be dead.

Thanks for the video, interesting and seemingly expensive. I probably won't be doing watercooling for a really long time, if I ever do it. But I'll at least buy a chassis that keeps the options open.

I do believe if the temperature got up to 100 then you would be dead.

Thanks for the video, interesting and seemingly expensive. I probably won't be doing watercooling for a really long time, if I ever do it. But I'll at least buy a chassis that keeps the options open.

I meant that in F not C

I meant that in F not C

It's worth it if you're trying to make your PC a work of art rather than just a box that gets high fps.

LP-Gallery-4.jpg

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/676/347/ea1.png

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Yup digitalstorm makes some pretty sick builds ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020