In desperate need of a new chair

rambi36
Go to solution Solved by rambi36,

Thanks guys I think I will go with @connorpiper's recommendation of this chair http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90196804/#/10196803 

Right now I'm temporarily using a cheap metal fold-up chair for my Computer Desk and I could really use a new one. Keep in mind that I:

1. am Extremely Tall

2.Have a huge tendency to slouch while using my computer

3.My budget is under $100 US 

Thanks in advance! :)

Life.exe is missing

You're not gonna find very supportive or high back chairs with a budget like that. You may find some OK low back ones that will certainly be better than a fold up chair, so try looking for some task chairs. All depends on your location.

I'm 6'6" and love the Ikea "Markus"

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

You're not gonna find very supportive or high back chairs with a budget like that. You may find some OK low back ones that will certainly be better than a fold up chair, so try looking for some task chairs. All depends on your location.

I can move up my budget a bit to $150 will that get me any good chairs?

Life.exe is missing

I'm 6'6" and love the Ikea "Markus"

Pretty comfortable, tried it out two days ago at Ikea actually, but the lack of adjustment in the arms does bother me. Plus, of course, the price.

150$ for a chair is like saying I don't give a fuck about my chair, but I still want a good chair.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20178865/

This one is closest.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I can move up my budget a bit to $150 will that get me any good chairs?

You may find something good, I'd say most ergonomic chairs are priced around $200. I'm actually currently having a dilema with selecting a chair for myself, my current one has caused me a lot of pain in the wrists and shoulders thanks to no adjustment on the armrests, and the fact that it doesn't have any recline is causing me to slouch even more..... So I would say if your own posture and well-being is a concern, I would consider the cost worth it. 

For $150 you may find some Mid-back task chairs, but all depends on your stature. You have to be able to try it out yourself and see if it fits your desk, keyboard height, arm height, etc.

Or.... if you don't care about posture at all, just pick a random Ikea one ^^^