Refurbished Parts

Go to solution Solved by connorpiper,

I suppose there is that worry, huh.  I am looking at buying an Z77A-G45 mobo and it is like $130 cheaper refurbished on Amazon. 

There is a MSI re certified option

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007QWI9TY/ref=olp_tab_all

60 day warranty 

Recommend against it?

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

I don't buy refurbished products. 

I suppose there is that worry, huh.  I am looking at buying an Z77A-G45 mobo and it is like $130 cheaper refurbished on Amazon. 

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

Only if somebody was a professional who refurbished those parts.

Yeah, this would be an Amazon vendor. 

I paid $140 for mine new...

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I'd buy them from the manufacturer if there was a decent saving compared to buying it brand new, and they had a full warranty.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I paid $140 for mine new...

I think I am looking at the wrong one - there is Z77MA-G45 and Z77A-G45

There is a MSI re certified option

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007QWI9TY/ref=olp_tab_all

60 day warranty 

I wonder how that 60 day warranty would hold up...

Makes me think that is too short of time to trust the product. 

Recommend against it?

Yeah would avoid it if possible, buying new always gives you the guarantee your product will be in working order which may not be so with refurbished products.

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

Yeah would avoid it if possible, buying new always gives you the guarantee your product will be in working order which may not be so with refurbished products.

That's true.  Not looking to spend that amount of cash at the moment, however. 

I wonder how that 60 day warranty would hold up...

Makes me think that is too short of time to trust the product. 

It's more of a money back/repair replace time frame.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

It's more of a money back/repair replace time frame.

Right. 

I'd buy things refurbished... but the place has to be tested first by the Seller (company) 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I'd buy things refurbished... but the place has to be tested first by the Seller (company) 

Amazon is good for that, and like connorpiper linked above, MSI, the manufacturer, sells refurbished via Amazon.  They have a 92% satisfaction rate, which is common for the more successful vendors, from what I have seen. 

I'd get a new lower-teir Motherboard.

If it dies at 61 days you'd have wasted your money, and I personally wouldn't want to take the risk.

Remember to be a good citizen and choose a 'best answer' when your problem has been resolved!

(that way people know when a problem's been resolved)

Amazon is good for that, and like connorpiper linked above, MSI, the manufacturer, sells refurbished via Amazon.  They have a 92% satisfaction rate, which is common for the more successful vendors, from what I have seen. 

Ncix sells via ebay and it's actually nice because it should come with manufacturer warranty so I see no problem in it :) someitmes it could just be something in the box or even the lack of the box in general but yeah should be good.. you can get some better deals too xD 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I'd get a new lower-teir Motherboard.

If it dies at 61 days you'd have wasted your money, and I personally wouldn't want to take the risk.

Understandable. 

Ncix sells via ebay and it's actually nice because it should come with manufacturer warranty so I see no problem in it :) someitmes it could just be something in the box or even the lack of the box in general but yeah should be good.. you can get some better deals too xD 

Yeah, I think it may at least be worth getting it for the warranty period to see how it goes.  I could always return it in good faith if I feel like it isn't going to work out. 

That's true.  Not looking to spend that amount of cash at the moment, however. 

That's fine, your opinion is noted. If you do end up choosing to get a refurbished product get it from a manufacture as the others have said.

DAZZA THE DRAGON, MEMER AND KING OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW.

That's fine, your opinion is noted. If you do end up choosing to get a refurbished product get it from a manufacture as the others have said.

Thanks, Dazza.  Yeah, I am still on the fence, but I think that is a good idea, too. 

Thanks for everyone's replies, guys. 

Scoping things out, it does seem like buying new makes more sense with a mobo.  I am pretty new to this, so the implications of different choices haven't dawned on me yet.  Seems like a refurbished graphic card for instance would make more sense, but with a mobo, that's a little bit heftier mistake if the refurbished craps out.