Looking for super comfortable headphones.

FatalityDiablo

Hello,

so now I have my tiny o2/odac here, which in fact turns out to be better as to what I have expected it to be. Now, since my focals broke 2 weeks ago, I need new phones although for pure music listening and I would like a really comfortable ones that sound great at the same time. Until now I had only the HD650 in mind, would you suggest any others? - will go to mediamarkt (smth. like bestbuy) tomorrow and check some for myself, but want to hear your opinion, since they might not have all the headphones in th world.

ty for help

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

I like the HD 518s but it really depends on your budget

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Right, I forgot the budget. 200-500€ for what ever is comfy^^

I like the HD 518s but it really depends on your budget

they look comfortable, although soundwise a slight/medium downgrade to my old focal pros :(

Hello,

so now I have my tiny o2/odac here, which in fact turns out to be better as to what I have expected it to be. Now, since my focals broke 2 weeks ago, I need new phones although for pure music listening and I would like a really comfortable ones that sound great at the same time. Until now I had only the HD650 in mind, would you suggest any others? - will go to mediamarkt (smth. like bestbuy) tomorrow and check some for myself, but want to hear your optinion, since they might not have all the headphones in th world.

ty for help

Currently have an HD 598 and I love it. It has a great soundstage but not for bass-heads. And it's one of the most comfortable ones I've tried, and I've tried lots of them.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Currently have an HD 598 and I love it. It has a great soundstage but not for bass-heads. And it's one of the most comfortable ones I've tried, and I've tried lots of them.

unfortunately i am a bass-head ^^ but i still want my mids and highs

Hmm, how about Beyerdynamic 880's or 990's? These are made for your requirements.

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Hmm, how about Beyerdynamic 880's or 990's? These are made for your requirements.

they look like they like to squeeze your head a little, that is what my pc350 do, that is why they will soon be sold.

they look like they like to squeeze your head a little, that is what my pc350 do, that is why they will soon be sold.

I apologize. Forgot to add, they are no where near as comfy as 598's.

Spoiler

Spoiler

mdr-1r's they are arguably the most comfy headphones around.

"are among the best-looking, most comfortable portable headphones money can buy." -trustedreviews, they are good for portable.

I have them, and with glasses. I can wear them for 24+ hours without worrying about them. I usually forget them about them. Ath-m50's feel hard compared to mdr-1rs.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

mdr-1r's they are arguably the most comfy headphones around.

"are among the best-looking, most comfortable portable headphones money can buy." -trustedreviews, they are good for portable.

I have them, and with glasses. I can wear them for 24+ hours without worrying about them. I usually forget them about them. Ath-m50's feel hard compared to mdr-1rs.

ty, will keep an eye on them.

I are bass head, and the 650 fits the bill. Maybe not the most comfortable out of the box, but the earpads mold to your head after enough use and then they're like a nice snug glove.

AKG's are also pretty comfy imo. K712 probably has enough bass to satisfy, though I've not tried it personally. NAD Viso HP50 is nice if closed is okay for you.

I are bass head, and the 650 fits the bill. Maybe not the most comfortable out of the box, but the earpads mold to your head after enough use and then they're like a nice snug glove.

AKG's are also pretty comfy imo. K712 probably has enough bass to satisfy, though I've not tried it personally. NAD Viso HP50 is nice if closed is okay for you.

I would tend to buy open or at least half-open design phones for my first time, because I believe it will throw in some more comfyness into the mix so to say:) But yeah, the HD 650's I am most attracted to atm.

All sennhesier headphones fit small. I wear a size 8 hat and no sennheiser headphone will ever fit my head. Beyer headphones are miles better in terms of comfort and they do not squeeze at all.

Oh, I missed this post. Will have to agree with Mr. Mayflower - the 650's are pretty much the same fit as the lower end models. Even if the Beyerdynamics squeeze too much (my experience with DT990's) you can easily bend the headband out because it's metal.

All sennhesier headphones fit small. I wear a size 8 hat and no sennheiser headphone will ever fit my head. Beyer headphones are miles better in terms of comfort and they do not squeeze at all.

That is unfortunate:( would have loved to buy those 650's, got to try them out for myself today. But beyer's seem like a good alternative so far.

I would avoid beyer DT line because they are for studio use only.

word up.

After quite some searching around I settled with the Denon AH-D 7100, and they are extremely comfy and the sound is amazing. That's my suggestion at least :D Good luck searching :)

After quite some searching around I settled with the Denon AH-D 7100, and they are extremely comfy and the sound is amazing. That's my suggestion at least :D Good luck searching :)

unfortunately above my budget :/ ty anyways

Okay, mediamrkt has only bullcrap. I will order the DT880 edition and see how they perform sound/comfort wise, because I heard they put less pressure on your head than the Pros and they are half-open which is perfect for me.

Ty for all them suggestions, helped a lot! :)