What will happen if i remove the PSU fans

TheRagingGamer

ok ill buy a fanless psu, because i dont really want to destroy this PC if it was something worse i would do it 

I'm disappointed in you. What's the matter? Afraid of a little house fire?

what components a 7 year old cpu, a $20 gpu 

Be my guest...

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Even the 'console peasants' know not to remove fans from their xbox, stop this idiocy you will destroy it for no reason.

Fine, so what am supposed to do with it now 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

have you removed the fan? If so just put it back unless you've broken something.....

I'm disappointed in you. What's the matter? Afraid of a little house fire?

no,ill do it eventually just wait till i get those old pentiums 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

You can always just keep going. Don't care about what others say, they're not your boss.

have you removed the fan? If so just put it back unless you've broken something.....

the fans are too laud, the tick or something, it sounds like intel stock cooler 

That only reinforces my previous statement.

Here's this, though.

4dad2d006aec22cbee56d3f69e3e295f13152cd0

if i found someone on youtube doing it i wouldn't i am just curies now 

if i found someone on youtube doing it i wouldn't i am just curies now 

A little bit of curiosity is just fine at your age. Just... be careful.

You won't cause too much damage. And if someone does find out, just tell em you were trying to fix it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I sense a troll.

its fake, 

This guy has been putting random posts everywhere, so I don't know if he's mentally retarded or just 5 years old.

Computers and Stuff

Spoiler

Crappy PC: i5 4690K, Z97I-Plus, 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ, WD Black 1TB, Hyper 212X, Gigabyte R9 270, Fractal Design Integra M, Red Bitfenix Prodigy

Peripherals: Headphones- HyperX Cloud II Keyboard-Vengeance K70 Cherry Red Mouse-Thermaltake Black Element Monitor-Asus VE248 Laptop: Yoga 2 Pro : i5, 8GB RAM 256GB SSD 

get a PSU that has a passive fan a few corsair PSU's do it but there is alot more then just corsair 

This guy has been putting random posts everywhere, so I don't know if he's mentally retarded or just 5 years old.

What do you mean, the post's are not random they are all connected in some way 

the fans are too laud, the tick or something, it sounds like intel stock cooler 

The Intel stock cooler is very quiet.

insert signature here

The Intel stock cooler is very quiet.

do you think i didn't have one. 

If you really wanna do it, and risk your PC burning down or possibly your house, I'll tell you it'll make a fantastic YouTube video and possibly a decade-lasting meme within the techies. 

My build: tis be ordered

As an enthusiast I say tweak until your hearts content.

As a 'sometimes I break my own shit by tweaking' enthusiast I say don't bother as that brings nothing but trouble.

I love the enthusiasm, use it on something else though.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

If you really wanna do it, and risk your PC burning down or possibly your house, I'll tell you it'll make a fantastic YouTube video and possibly a decade-lasting meme within the techies. 

I already tried it just shuts down when it overheats so its impossible, but you will get a youtube video one day 

Probably for the best. You likely wouldn't have attempted it if you knew what happens when a Mains-sized capacitor blows.

(The last word was literal)

seeing as your build is super budget, I'd opt to replace the fan in the PSU for a quality silent fan, rather than spending large amounts of money on a passive PSU. Not 100% passive, but a 13dB fan isn't going to be noticeable.

The PSU could overheat and probably blow something, like a main capacitor. Don't do it.

the capacitor wouldnt blow(they only blow because of a short circuit or polarity swap and if they get more voltage that they can hold) and because the transistors would overheat and possibly burn

Troll alert.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.