When do you guys think / hope the Nvidia GTX 800 series will release?

RevoltTrain

I've heard all sorts of rumors on when the Nvidia GTX 800 series will come out. I'm hoping for the middle to the end of next month as to when that is when I plan on building my PC.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

November

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I thought gigabyte said it was coming out in september?

Around the same time Broadwell comes out. 

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

weird how they released entry level Maxwell first

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

I would bet it will be announced by the end of September/early October, and available to buy end of October/early November. I'm sure nvidia will want to get the cards available to buy for the "Holliday" buying spree.

Golly, I hate the term "holiday season". I prefer chrismahanukquasaka.

By December 31st.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Gigabyte already confirmed the GTX 880 will be out mid-september, and their own non-reference card will be out end of September/Early October. I expect it to officially be announced by Nvidia at Gamescom this month.

i74790k | Hyper 212 EVO |16gb 1600mhz Corsair Sport | Z97 Gigabyte Ga.G1 Sniper Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 970 | 250GB 840 EVO | 3TB 7200RPM WD Black | Fractal Define R4 | Corsair K70 Red | Logitech G502 | Sennheiser HD598 + Fidelio X2 | Blue Yeti Microphone | Dell P2414h + Dell S2340m

Most recent rumors have the 880 being released in mid to late September. Gigabyte has already announced they will be releasing an 880 in October. Of course there could always be production delays and what not.

As I mentioned in a different thread, I was surprised to find a couple tech websites stating the 880 might not even be as powerful as a GTX 780, much less a 780 TI. I think they are basing this on the fact its being made on a card that is basically an updated gk104, which is the card that makes up the gtx 760 and 770, is using the same 28 nm process, as well as some other rumored specs which make the card seem likely to be less powerful(but cheaper) than people were expecting.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Probably mid September because Gigabyte kindly confirmed it for us  :)

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

weird how they released entry level Maxwell first

Lower end Mobile GPU's which is pretty much the mainstream dgpu market... I think Gm107 was just first generation maxwell architecture, see how that went than scale it up in second generation maxwell? (Gm204)

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Don't think it'll be worth waiting for, at least here they would be priced at a high price even if they are supposed to be cheaper (780ti= 880 in terms of price) so i rather get a 780 ti which rumored to be abit more powerfull then the 880

:/

I think sometime in October. But I don't have high expectations for this maxwell architecture, have a feeling that most of the improvements will be in terms of TDP. Don't think it's going to turn the market on it's head or give AMD nightmares. Hope i'm wrong.

Don't think it'll be worth waiting for, at least here they would be priced at a high price even if they are supposed to be cheaper (780ti= 880 in terms of price) so i rather get a 780 ti which rumored to be abit more powerfull then the 880

hahahahha... nvidia wouldn't bother releasing it then. Gamers may not share but investors will be whipping their ass.

It'll be worth waiting because it'll mean you'll get 780 performance out of a 400$ card. maybe a 870ti for like 499$. and a 880 for like 599$. It just lines up perfectly.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It'll be worth waiting because it'll mean you'll get 780 performance out of a 400$ card.

In that case it should help Nvidia to catch up to AMD in terms of price/performance. In the R9 290 price range...

hahahahha... nvidia wouldn't bother releasing it then. Gamers may not share but investors will be whipping their ass.

It'll be worth waiting because it'll mean you'll get 780 performance out of a 400$ card. maybe a 870ti for like 499$. and a 880 for like 599$. It just lines up perfectly.

Prices are silly here, a 880 will be priced at 1000 dollars at launch just like all the rest of the GPUS before, not worth the wait for me.

:/

Prices are silly here, a 880 will be priced at 1000 dollars at launch just like all the rest of the GPUS before, not worth the wait for me.

the 880 will no be priced any higher than 599$. It's a mid ranged chip and is only 480mm. 

My prices are not silly xD 

Computing enthusiast. 

The past February, you know the one that was few months ago.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Sarcasm?

i74790k | Hyper 212 EVO |16gb 1600mhz Corsair Sport | Z97 Gigabyte Ga.G1 Sniper Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 970 | 250GB 840 EVO | 3TB 7200RPM WD Black | Fractal Define R4 | Corsair K70 Red | Logitech G502 | Sennheiser HD598 + Fidelio X2 | Blue Yeti Microphone | Dell P2414h + Dell S2340m