How can I remove this screw?

PrehistoricDuck

post-81795-0-22771500-1407591505_thumb.j

I have tried the rubber band method and it doesnt work also I dont have any powertools to try and get it out.

post-81795-0-22058200-1407591613_thumb.j

This is what the screw is supposed to look like.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I have tried the rubber band method and it doesnt work also I dont have any powertools to try and get it out.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This is what the screw is supposed to look like.

Your only option is needle nose pliers around the edge

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

ah man you stripped it.. not good.It looks pretty rounded so you cant use a flat head any more.You might be able to use a screw extracting kit.....

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Ahh good old craptops.

Needle nose plier.

Agreed, needle nose pliers, and an assload of hand strength to make sure it grips and doesn't just slip off and damage something.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You can try and file a groove in and use a flat screwdriver

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Either pliers or, if it happens to be a particularly cheaply made screw, you can try stripping it further till the head is gone, lift the component its holding on and then use pliers to remove the actual screw part of the screw.

Thanks for your help the pliers worked a treat. For anyone who wants to know what came out.

post-81795-0-66530500-1407592775_thumb.j

Thanks for your help the pliers worked a treat. For anyone who wants to know what came out.

-snip

O.o

tha hell is that?!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

O.o

tha hell is that?!

lol, its the dust that came out near the fan. Temps and noise have gone loads.

Oh yey! Old heatsink made by foxconn :D

Only the best :)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

You could try a Robertson (square) red or black might work

You could try a Robertson (square) red or black might work

OP please mark as solved so we stop getting these.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

For future reference, you can always get a pen, take out the ink and heat up the end with a lighter. Don't let the plastic burn, just get hot enough to soften and melt.  Jam it hard into the hole, wait until it is cool then unscrew. (does not work with really tough screws but from the looks of this, you used the wrong sized equipment to remove it in the first place.

There are drill-bits that are made backwards so you can drill them out in reverse mode.

Pliers works some times.

Little spray with wd40 to clean some of the gunk before attempting to loosen.

Sometimes if you have a fairly large, hard-ish rubber, you can press it into the hole firmly and loosen.