He's seen some shit..

Kerplex

So today while cleaning up my crawl space i came across my old friend. He came with me to Afghanistan on my many tours and is extremely  battle hardened. 

I present to you Mr Toshiba P10. ( 2004 )  If i remember correctly i spent $3,000 on this.... 

Aui0IeI.jpg

TUnSasY.jpg

In this 3rd picture you see where he caught fire....

Fiwfo0M.jpg

iOvpedo.jpg

Specs 

http://www.toshiba.eu/discontinued-products/satellite-p10-792/

Quite literally too. Looks like there's some on the upper left near the power switch and hinge.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Sweet. Nice to see people keep their old tech and not just lob it in a bin.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I have to ask, Vancouver Washington, or BC?

BC

Very cool.

I had a little EEE PC that I got ages ago, it's been around the world, I started gaming on it (RuneScape), which led me to coding (Private Servers), which led me to videos (tutorial and gameplay), which led me to social media and marketing.

That little thing built everything in my life I do today.

The sentimental value that we can hold for nonliving things is weird...humans are weird.

Glad you found it, man, put it on display or something.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

BC

Nice.

That laptop looks like it's been to hell and back, quite literally. Does she still run?

Nice.

That laptop looks like it's been to hell and back, quite literally. Does she still run?

Last i remember i had constant blue screens and then the HDD went.

well I hope you hang on too it.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Kinda like my dad's old laptop: 

THn1G6o.jpg

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Nice! It's always fun finding old stuff! Reminds me of the ancient Panasonic tough book that my dad took to Afghanistan, that thing was hard as nails!

Well it powered on and apparently i left my BF2 disc in it...it's looking pretty rough also.