What's the most important component if you want your computer to feel "snappy"?

GrmanRodriguez

Read the title of the thread. Your response does not fit.

well then SSD

My system is too far gone for even a wish of redemption.

I know it's been said several times, but I have to say the difference between my old HDD and my current hybrid drive is incredible. Aside from booting more quickly it makes my frequently used programs (like browsers) much more responsive, I'm very happy with it.

If you don't have enough RAM then getting more can save any old-ish PC, and the CPU can help with this as well.

Look up AAM. I can hear my WD Blue starting up very clearly.

WD Blue drives are budget oriented, and thus, you can clearly hear the sound of it starting up. WD Green drives are quite a bit quieter: I can't hear it even if my system is idling (blame the single fan trying to cool a GTX 590, 50% fan speed at idle... If you thought an intel stock cooler is loud, listen to Gigabyte GTX 590's fan, you'll change your mind soon)

On actual topic: RAM (above 4GB and you're golden), CPU and SSD, in that order. I don't find SSDs as important as other's see it, I can live with few seconds slower loading times just fine.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Everyone sings about their SSD probably because they had a shitty HDD in the first place. Mine isn't that much better other than booting up which I rarely do anyways.

It will make a difference if you are launching programs that load a lot of data ie: games

It will make a difference if you are launching programs that load a lot of data ie: games

My caviar black is good enough for games IMO. I am very stingy on selecting what to put on my SSD xD

My caviar black is good enough for games IMO. I am very stingy on selecting what to put on my SSD xD

Haha I really want an ssd, 256 GB seems like enough and it's the most I would get due to pricing, but I like having alot of extra space, otherwise I get claustrophobic to an extent lol

SSD and CPU in that order.

Good managed windows is a must. I have seen perfect PCs with OS so f@ckd up that can make you believe you are in front of some pentium4/K7 build from a decade ago. :)

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

I think the number one upgrade someone can do to make there computer feel faster is to replace a hdd with an SSR. This is obviously assuming everything else is at least functional. If you have a 10 year old single core CPU an ssd isn't going to help you.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

I think it's storage, but I don't know. Is it RAM? Or Processor? Thanks!

Underclock a pentium, then get a xeon and overclock it till your PC blows up

the change will be quite... snappy...

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Underclock a pentium, then get a xeon and overclock it till your PC blows up

the change will be quite... snappy...

Off-topic: About your signature... You know the maximum amount of lines your signature can have is 3? You can keep your specs in your signature like that if you put it all in a spoiler, though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Off-topic: About your signature... You know the maximum amount of lines your signature can have is 3? You can keep your specs in your signature like that if you put it all in a spoiler, though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

I did consider that when i made the signature (i just copy-pasted the specs list thats on my profile) but i thought that it wouldn't have let me do it. Still i'll change it

update: i just tried to add a spoiler (BBcode -> spoiler is what i did) but it now says the following

http://imgur.com/7mRdrEF

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit