PSU coil whines then shuts down when under heavy gpu load

alihazzi7

PSU coil whines then shuts down when under heavy gpu load help, this is the case i have the psu came with it i made the computer my self but the psu came with the case it says max output on the side of 950watt 32amp multi rail, its an newton tech dell 1000watt psu, newton tech is also known as fractal design after newton tech went  bankrupt, is it the psu that has gone wrong i use to have a gtx 570 with core 2 quad q9550 at 4.1ghz and the psu ran grate no whineing or anything, the coil whineing has started when i upgraded to an i7 950 4.3ghz and gtx 770 help should i get a new psu or wa 

150937-alienware-area-51-7500.jpg

The PSUs that come with cases are never any good. It may say 1000W on the label, but the actual max. output is likely closer to or below 500W, especially with cheap multi-rail PSUs. How old is it? My guess is that the capacitors have degraded/dried out. You'll need a new PSU either way.

That's the problem with upgrading non-custom PCs. You should better get a new quality PSU before this one kills your PC.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

PSU most probably but make sure it is before getting a better one 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

That's the problem with upgrading non-custom PCs. You should better get a new quality PSU before this one kills your PC.

should i down clock everything ? its running at 4.5ghz i7 950 my cpu is in the top 15 world wide :)

should i down clock everything ? its running at 4.5ghz i7 950 my cpu is in the top 15 world wide :)

Well down clocking could help temporary. But what you are describing sounds serious. I would down clock CPU and GPU (if also overclocked) as long as you are waiting for a new PSU, but I would defenetly buy a new PSU, ASAP. I don't know where you live, but if you live in the USA, get this one: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr650rm

Don't worry it's more than powerfull enough, your current PSU is only too cheap quality (Watts are not everything)

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

Well down clocking could help temporary. But what you are describing sounds serious. I would down clock CPU and GPU (if also overclocked) as long as you are waiting for a new PSU, but I would defenetly buy a new PSU, ASAP. I don't know where you live, but if you live in the USA, get this one: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr650rm

Don't worry it's more than powerfull enough, your current PSU is only too cheap quality (Watts are not everything)

i will get this on monday 04c93f3a86cef2aafec90eb0085faf63.pngcomeswith a 857 watt psu can take a 290x sli :) its just a case with psu and fans and stuff 

Why do you want to do the same mistake again? PSUs that come with cases are mostly crap. You already bought a case of these guys and the PSU is crap, so now you go and buy another case of them and just for the PSU? Dude sry but that is stupid. ANd also for such serious overclocking the case is completly crap. No airflow at all. The included PSUs are probably not even 80Plus and are nearly burning inside this case. just keep your case and get a good PSU. Or even better get a new case and seperatly a new PSU.

Why do you want to do the same mistake again? PSUs that come with cases are mostly crap. You already bought a case of these guys and the PSU is crap, so now you go and buy another case of them and just for the PSU? Dude sry but that is stupid. ANd also for such serious overclocking the case is completly crap. No airflow at all. The included PSUs are probably not even 80Plus and are nearly burning inside this case. just keep your case and get a good PSU. Or even better get a new case and seperatly a new PSU.

ac32d528ce3f4e4d7674e39f928d5fc6.pnggood enough ?