Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB - Where!?

gaz

So I was looking forward to getting this during the end of July but still have not seen any updates on release. Read it should've been released with red switches right about now.

Have I missed something?

Intel i7 4790K | Corsair Hydro Series H90 Asus Z97-A | Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz | Corsair RM750 PSU | 250GB Samsung 840 EVO | 1TB WD Blue | Fractal Design Define R4

So I was looking forward to getting this during the end of July but still have not seen any updates on release. Read it should've been released with red switches right about now.

Have I missed something?

Here is the current RGB post everyone looks at. If something changes this post should have the most current info http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186495-an-update-from-corsair-about-the-rgb-keyboards/page-5#entry2626179

I don't understand why people want this so badly. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I don't understand why people like you don't understand that some people want this awesome product because of all its awesome features.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Nope nothing has been missed, Corsair just wants to drive some people crazy waiting for this keyboard lol.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

I don't understand why people like you don't understand that some people want this awesome product because of all its awesome features.

its awesome feature (singular) that's involves changing colours and so its worth another $40? 90% those who buy the RGB k70 will have the colour set to one of three colours, blue, red and white. Now other than white those backlights already exist on a K70 model. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

its awesome feature (singular) that's involves changing colours and so its worth another $40? 90% those who buy the RGB k70 will have the colour set to one of three colours, blue, red and white. Now other than white those backlights already exist on a K70 model. 

Um... how about the new software that will launch with it? I mean LUA is one powerful scripting language, and to have an open architecture is AMAZING. Almost no other company is doing that for their peripherals!

so its worth another $40? 90% those who buy the RGB k70 will have the colour set to one of three colours, blue, red and white.

If its not worth it to you then don't buy it. It's worth it to others so keep your opinion out of this.

And where did you get 90%? Most people will use more than one colour. Stop bringing fake fa information to this topic.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

90% Won't use more than single backlight colors?

Lol, something's wrong with you if you really think that

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

90% Won't use more than single backlight colors?

Lol, something's wrong with you if you really think that

are going to constantly change the colours? And if you do, to what colour? I think a lot of people will set their colour to their rig colour or their favourite colour. A rainbow is going to be really distracting and well from a owner of a RGB keyboard (not a k70) I just can't see people changing the colour everyday because blue just isn't good enough on Tuesday but was perfectly fine on Monday. 

Spoiler

are going to constantly change the colours? And if you do, to what colour? I think a lot of people will set their colour to their rig colour or their favourite colour. A rainbow is going to be really distracting and well from a owner of a RGB keyboard (not a k70) I just can't see people changing the colour everyday because blue just isn't good enough on Tuesday but was perfectly fine on Monday. 

I'm not going to constantly change the colors, but it'll most certainly change every week or two. I'm basically paying forty extra dollars for the option to do literally whatever i wan't with the backlight on my keyboard

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Simpletons have it set to those plebby colours. I will be going for an orange back light. Or maybe hot pink. Who knows?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Simpletons have it set to those plebby colours. I will be going for an orange back light. Or maybe hot pink. Who knows?

Or with the new software you could make each key cycle every form of red at different speeds! Then you have every type of pink on your keyboard at the same time! (I am going to program that)

Have I missed something?

Not sure how you missed it as it's had 14,937 views, anyway check this out. Hopefully it answers all of your questions (Read all replies) http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186495-an-update-from-corsair-about-the-rgb-keyboards/?hl=rgb+keyboard 

Im gona program mine to spell out "Imabigmac".  Then program it to melt whenever Boy George is in the news.  That's worth $40 right there.

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7-4790K.  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7.  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X-Series 16gb @ 2133.  GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GTX770.  Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper.  Storage: Plextor M6ePX M.2 256GB SSD/Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB.  PSU: Seasonic 80+ Gold 850watt.  Display(s): LG 42LB6300.  Cooling: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R.  Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (EVENTUALLY).  Mouse: Logitech G700s.  Sound: Onboard 5.1 analog output - Soundcraft Mixer - QSC Power Amps - ElectroVoice Qrx PA Speakers / Klipsch center channel.  OS: Windows 8.1 Pro.

Because I can change the colour to match my build and not to mention this:

loXQFHU.gif

The color system is a nice added bonus.  I would just as quickly get a regular K70 with brown switches if the new RGB didn't have the newly designed switch with the LED internally shielded.  Everyone has dead LEDs on their K70s and 95s.  This is supposed to reduce that significantly.  That's why I want it over the others.  The color control is a free perk in that sense.

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7-4790K.  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7.  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X-Series 16gb @ 2133.  GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GTX770.  Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper.  Storage: Plextor M6ePX M.2 256GB SSD/Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB.  PSU: Seasonic 80+ Gold 850watt.  Display(s): LG 42LB6300.  Cooling: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R.  Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (EVENTUALLY).  Mouse: Logitech G700s.  Sound: Onboard 5.1 analog output - Soundcraft Mixer - QSC Power Amps - ElectroVoice Qrx PA Speakers / Klipsch center channel.  OS: Windows 8.1 Pro.

Memory express said themselves they'll only be getting it in the end of august.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Memory express said themselves they'll only be getting it in the end of august.

Until the end of August comes around. Then we get another delay.