MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC

Main source : MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC High-Performance Motherboard Unveiled – HEDT Gaming With Haswell-E Processors

http://www.bodnara.co.kr/bbs/article.html?num=110904

In addition to their X99S Black Motherboard, MSI has also unveiled their upcoming X99S Gaming 9 AC which is a high-performance motherboard built for gamers. Featuring the same DNA as MSI’s Gaming series products, the MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC is jam packed with tons of features, including a protective armor plating which goes well with the HEDT nature of this product.
MSI-X99S-Gaming-9-AC1-635x303.png
MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC

MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC High-Performance Motherboard Unveiled
MSI wowed hardware enthusiasts last week showing off what is supposed to be the first, full-black PCB board codenamed, MSI X99S Black. Today, MSI is showing off another X99 chipset based motherboard featured in their Gaming brand codenamed, MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC. This confirms that MSI will have various tier X99 boards at launch including their renowned and enthusiast tiered OC series which will probably include the X99S XPOWER. We would love to see that board in action but for now, let’s feast our eyes upon the beastly X99S Gaming 9 AC which has a extremely powerful design and feature set of its own.

Starting with the design scheme, the MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC sticks with the red and black color scheme which MSI has implemented in their Gaming series brand along with several other manufacturers who are using the same scheme. The motherboard has three sets of heatsinks, two along side the VRM, PWM and one on the PCH. The LGA 2011-3 socket is compatible with Intel’s upcoming Haswell-E processors which will be available in retail by this month’s end if reports are true or we will see them in the first week of September. The board features an 8 Phase PWM supply fitted with MSI’s Military Class IV components and powered by a 8+4 Pin power configuration. The LGA 2011-3 socket is coupled by eight DDR4 DIMM slots, four on each sides which can support overclocked DDR4 memory sticks on-the-go.

Since MSI has featured their Military Class IV components, they also use the OC Engine, Power On/Off and Reset switches which come in handy when overclocking this beast of a board. The X99 Express Chipset is seated beneath a large Gaming G-Series heatsink. The heatsink itself resembles a shield with a second shield engraved as a logo in the middle. The heatsink expands out on the top left corner in what’s being touted as some kind of engine which seems to be a source of unknown power (Dragoon Power?), we don’t know if this is related to a performance feature or an add in slot but remains to be seen. Expansion slots include five PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slots which storage includes 10 SATA 6 GB/s and two SATA Express ports. A small diagnostic LED is located at the bottom right hand corner of the board.

Since this is a gaming tier board, MSI will not compromise on additional features and include their Audio Boost ALC 1150 powered chipset and Killer E2200 LAN chip for better audio and networking while a large thermal armor will run across the I/O and audio isolated PCB section for better thermals. In addition to the PCI-E ports, MSI has also added an mSATA SSD slot at the top of the bottom most PCI-e slot for NGFF SSDs. MSI also teased the I/O of the board a while ago featuring a full matte black cover with red I/O ports that include the PS/2 port, 8 Super Speed USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, LAN port, 802.11 B/G/N/ AC antenna connectors and a 7.1 Channel audio jack. A USB 3.0 header is also located near the SATA ports for front USB panel. The pricing on the MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC motherboard is not known but we can see this retail at a price above $399 US or vastly greater than its Z97 counterpart. Expect more details on MSI’s next generation X99 chipset motherboards later on.

I gotta admit the middle tier is slightly better looking however this is one bloody stunning X99 motherboard for the enthusiast community. Hopefully asus will launch a white pcb X99 motherboard which'll follow their ROG Extreme editions series. Very excited for the upcoming change.

@ViruZ_HUN Check it out.

another interesting update with the X99 platform : ADATA LAUNCHES XPG Z1 DDR4 OVERCLOCKING MEMORY

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Damn that MSI board looks sexy, Im still waiting tell I see what ASUS offers before i decide which board Im going with though :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Asus won't be launching any white X99 boards - I've already spoken with one of their reps. 

Asus won't be launching any white X99 boards - I've already spoken with one of their reps. 

white mobo o.0

that may match the Galaxy HOF cards

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

white mobo o.0

that may match the Galaxy HOF cards

Won't happen unfortunately. Skylake may come with white PCB's though. Nothing can be done for broadwell though as they're pretty set

Won't happen unfortunately. Skylake may come with white PCB's though. Nothing can be done for broadwell though as they're pretty set

well IMO

X99 = all black or MSI Red/Black board

because black means 'serious business inside'

Bullshit (excuse my language.) nooooooooooooooooo 

。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Crap :( Oh bloody hell >_>

。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

well IMO

X99 = all black or MSI Red/Black board

because black means 'serious business inside'

LOL, all black would be more like it, that way you can chose any color scheme you want.The red and black looks good, but its so played out.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "