PSU or GPU Failing?

Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

since you have changed out all the parts

if it was the PSU troubles

your computer would have restarted by then

so it safe to say your GPU might be broken

just to be sure recheck all connections and re-seat the GPU

So I have a very weird stuttering problem and I have tried almost everything from virus scanning to changing parts in my computer. Well I have tried RAM, CPU, Motherboard, Hard drive, and all thats left is psu and gpu but i dont know what to spend on. I returned everything so I still get my money back. Well I think is gpu because its giving me flashes on screen and the usage of the gpu is dropping along with frame time latency. I think is psu because when summer came along it started happening and the psu says only at 30C degrees for continuous power. I dont think is psu because it manages to power on and i assume that a psu is dead or is not. Well I dont know what to think anymore. I have FX6300, asrock 970 extreme 3, hyper 212 evo, cx600m for psu. Carbide 300R for case. The PC never shuts off while on load though. Please help. Frame rate is fine but it stutters randomly. Happens on every game.

sounds more like a GPU issue to me. What GPU do you have?

i5 4570/ASUS Z87-A/8GB Corsair Veangeance DDR3-1600/GTX 770/A-DATA SP600/EVGA SuperNova NEX 650G/NZXT Source 530

sounds more like a GPU issue to me. What GPU do you have?

I have an MSI GTX 760 Twin frozr 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

yeah i have re-seated the gpu ok and thank you for your time, and all connections are fine. What gpu do you recomend buying, I could use fx 6300 or 8320 just in case a higher end gpu would be bottlenecked. So any recomendations? for about  around $300

yeah i have re-seated the gpu ok and thank you for your time, and all connections are fine. What gpu do you recomend buying, I could use fx 6300 or 8320 just in case a higher end gpu would be bottlenecked. So any recomendations? for about  around $300

if your gpu is still new and under warranty

get it RMA

in the mean time you can pick a R9 280X

your CPU is fine to run a 280X

but avoid the Asus and XFX brands

pick other brands

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

if your gpu is still new and under warranty

get it RMA

in the mean time you can pick a R9 280X

your CPU is fine to run a 280X

but avoid the Asus and XFX brands

pick other brands

really I have heard xfx is good but if you say so thank you for your time, I think the warranty is 2 years and i bought it like 6 months ago.

really I have heard xfx is good but if you say so thank you for your time, I think the warranty is 2 years and i bought it like 6 months ago.

yea one user here owns XFX products

and his exp with XFX customer service is horrible and he have to RMA his card 6 times!!!

here his tread

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189510-my-experience-with-xfx/#entry2552235

do you think my cx600m could power the 280x?

no worries 

its plenty