My Experience With XFX

SlaughterSmurf

Well it seems as though I keep seeing "Should I buy XFX or ____" posts and it appears as though my efforts of caps lock DON'T BUY XFX posts seems to be futile. So Ima make this post so maybe it will hit more people. Here are the reasons why you should avoid XFX at all costs. This is from 5 different XFX DD 7970s.

1. Support took 3-4 days to respond to ANY tickets, no matter how simple the question is.

2. They refused to answer my questions. An example being

Me - "Hi I am wondering if it would be possible for me to replace the broken fans on my GPU or if they are non-removeable"

3 days later...Support Guy - "Sorry we are unable to assist in Overclocking and modding ventures, all we can do is offer an RMA"

Me - "Welll I'm not OC or modding, I am just trying to replace my broken fans in order to have a functioning product since I don't feel like RMA for a 3rd time"

4 days later... Support Guy - "I have opened an RMA ticket, follow the instructions in the PDF below in order to submit your RMA"

3. You pay for shipping both ways during an RMA

4. The DD cooler is loud

5. the DD cooler is hot

6. It isn't that much cheaper than the competition that is vastly superior.

7. Had to RMA 3 times, the 4th card I decided to just sell it as is to a friend for $115 so no idea if the 5th would be a dud.

All in all, DON'T BUY XFX!!!

The double D's arnt worth it eh?

DDs can be great, just sucks when they are fake and cheaply made. kappa

They look nice though.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

As an XFX user I approve. 

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

Only XFX card i ever purchased was a HD6870, the cooler went tits up after 2 weeks, the fan would sometimes stop spinning, and when it did spin it would cause the cooler to rattle and keep hitting the plastic casing, making loud clicking noises. Replaced it with an aftermarket cooler, worked for another 9 months then packed in completely.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

They look nice though.

So do a lot of other cards though. Looking nice<Better than shit build quality and support quality

I have a support ticket at the moment with XFX because my display flickers in 2D mode - I'm hoping to get a reply soon, it's been 24 hours since it's been sent.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I have a support ticket at the moment with XFX because my display flickers in 2D mode - I'm hoping to get a reply soon, it's been 24 hours since it's been sent.

In 48 hours you will get an unsatisfactoryu response. XFX Support<Ubisoft Support

In 48 hours you will get an unsatisfactoryu response. XFX Support<Ubisoft Support

haha. Apparently all it requires is a VBIOS update. XFX is too lazy to post it on their own website, so whenever this happens you have to make a support ticket.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

haha. Apparently all it requires is a VBIOS update. XFX is too lazy to post it on their own website, so whenever this happens you have to make a support ticket.

XFX is too lazy to even say yes or no to a simple question...

/Snip

They sound like EVGA >.< 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

They sound like EVGA >.< 

What? My card runs cool, quiet, support has answered my questions thoroughly and within a couple hours and doesn't thermal throttle everywhere.

Throw some D's on the b!tch

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

7. Had to RMA 3 times, the 4th card I decided to just sell it as is to a friend for $115 so no idea if the 5th would be a dud.

All in all, DON'T BUY XFX!!!

Why, if you believe XFX to be a crappy brand, sell that XFX GPU to your friend with all the troubles you've had? You should of at least warned him before you sold it to him. You aren't much of a friend if you don't. Do you lack a bit in the conscience department :huh:.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

My XFX r9 290 DD is still going strong... I replaced the DD cooler with a waterblock though... which means I'll never have to experiece support because I've got no warranty :)

Why, if you believe XFX to be a crappy brand, sell that XFX GPU to your friend with all the troubles you've had? You should of at least warned him before you sold it to him. You aren't much of a friend if you don't. Do you lack a bit in the conscience department :huh:.

I did tell him, I told him I wouldnt recommend XFX I told him the support is bad I told him the card is faulty. He didn't care so I sold it to him at 1/3 the price of a new card. I see nothing wrong with that,

What? My card runs cool, quiet, support has answered my questions thoroughly and within a couple hours and doesn't thermal throttle everywhere.

My experience with EVGA matches yours with XFX, horrible ACX cooler anytime you call them it's just "RMA it" or no response atall

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

My XFX r9 290 DD is still going strong... I replaced the DD cooler with a waterblock though... which means I'll never have to experiece support because I've got no warranty :)

Well if you aren't using their cooler or service then I guess every brand is the same now aren't they?

My experience with EVGA matches yours with XFX, horrible ACX cooler anytime you call them it's just "RMA it" or no response atall

Oh really? I am surprised from personal experience and from what I heard from everyone except you they are amazing... did you RMA it at all?

Another thing you could do is go through the website instead of phone, and specifically ask for Erik Almonte. He was the person handling my ticket and he was fantastic!

Oh really? I am surprised from personal experience and from what I heard from everyone except you they are amazing... did you RMA it at all?

Another thing you could do is go through the website instead of phone, and specifically ask for Erik Almonte. He was the person handling my ticket and he was fantastic!

Yeah the 4th time I RMA'd a 760 I was done however xD  Maybe I'll try that next time