Recording BF3 with Dxtory

silentmelodies

So i just got my hands on Dxtory, put the settings on default and starter recording. I was amazed at the framerate i was getting. Not so amazed when i saw the file size.

33GB for 25 minutes of gameplay. Bummer :/

So, the question is, can i record with Dxtory in 720p in MP4 file format, while the game is running at 1080p? If yes, how?

Cheers :D

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

Use shadowplay.

I have a AMD Radeon R7 260X. I guess its not compatible.

Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850

So i just got my hands on Dxtory, put the settings on default and starter recording. I was amazed at the framerate i was getting. Not so amazed when i saw the file size.

33GB for 25 minutes of gameplay. Bummer :/

So, the question is, can i record with Dxtory in 720p in MP4 file format, while the game is running at 1080p? If yes, how?

Cheers :D

No. Just get used to the file sizes. Get a 1TB hard drive just for videos or edit your videos quickly.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

No. Just get used to the file sizes. Get a 1TB hard drive just for videos or edit your videos quickly.

What he said. Its not uncommon for me to have 200-300gb of video after I get done with a game. Granted I record at 1920x1080p  :D

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

What he said. Its not uncommon for me to have 200-300gb of video after I get done with a game. Granted I record at 1920x1080p  :D

As long as you don't use rawcap :P Huge file sizes and barely any programs can use them. Just turn down the resolution if you really want smaller file sizes. For people with crappy internet like me, 720p is the highest resolution I watch in terms of youtube videos

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Oh well. Still, is it possible to output a MP4 file instead of a AVI file?

As long as you don't use rawcap :P Huge file sizes and barely any programs can use them. Just turn down the resolution if you really want smaller file sizes. For people with crappy internet like me, 720p is the highest resolution I watch in terms of youtube videos

I work at a datacenter so I just upload all my videos at work. I love having a 10gig backbone connection. It would be nice to be able to use it though my laptop only has a gig port.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

@silentmelodies you could use Dxtory as recorder and OBS as renderer. OBS can downscale video and only video output format it has is mp4.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@silentmelodies you could use Dxtory as recorder and OBS as renderer. OBS can downscale video and only video output format it has is mp4.

How to set that up? Hope you have the nerves to help me :)

How to set that up? Hope you have the nerves to help me :)

Basic things to add. When you want to just stream, tick off save option. If you don't want to stream at all, don't add stream details.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv