NZXT performance fan for radiator

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

wow...thx for super fast response.   my only problem with noctuas is that they are ugly imo.  but i guess its not a dealbreaker if they are THAT much better

This is not ugly...

53b.jpg

PS I use airflow fans on my H100i with not even 1mm/H2O pressure and my temps are still good.

hello.  i am planning a future build at the moment.  link to future build ->>   http://pcpartpicker.com/user/storm5532/saved/y4yV3C

i plan on using the corsair h100i water cooler and have been researching fans to use.  i was thinking cm sickleflow, with a static pressure rating of 2.94, but found a review (link in a sec) that said it was about as bad as a rad fan can be...so that killed that fan for me.  then i was thinking the be quiet! silent wings 2 (1500 rpm) which is $25.  I don't mind paying $25 for a good fan that is quiet but if a $9 fan does the same or similar then i would go with that, such as the NZXT Performance (FN-120RB).  its specs are nowhere near the other fans specs, in fact they seem quite pitiful for a radiator fan, however the sickeflow had amazing sounding specs and performed the worst according to ->>  http://www.anandtech.com/show/6391/120mm-radiator-fan-roundup-part-2-fan-harder/6  

my question (finally) is...is the NZXT Performance FN-120RB a good radiator fan contrary to its specs, or is it too good to be true?

Look if you want the best performance go for Noctua fans they are the best and have great build quality

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

wow...thx for super fast response.   my only problem with noctuas is that they are ugly imo.  but i guess its not a dealbreaker if they are THAT much better

This is not ugly...

53b.jpg

PS I use airflow fans on my H100i with not even 1mm/H2O pressure and my temps are still good.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

:D  i haven't seen that one before.  The ones i saw were "poop brown and vomit tan".  tyvm.  

:D  i haven't seen that one before.  The ones i saw were "poop brown and vomit tan".  tyvm.  

Noctua industrial and redux are no longer the old colour scheme.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020