Will There Be A Non Reference GTX 780?

Greg2895

I currently have an Asus GTX 570 Direct Cuii triple slot card. I am going to be upgrading to the 780 very soon. I am wondering if Asus or anyone else will be making non reference cards.

Gigabyte already has a windforce 780 made (not for sale yet). http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GeForce_GTX_780_OC/

Although I hear the reference cooler performance very well, is quite, and it looks awesome.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

to answer your question yeah custom cards would be out ... manufacturers do this to differentiate. 

on another note i think your post may fall under  repost look here>> http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/19242-gtx-780-when-are-customs/

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

780's with custom coolers have already been announced by Gigabyte and EVGA.

Concerning non-reference PCB designs:

As far as I know, NVIDIA has not yet clarified whether board partners will be given the green light to develop non-reference PCB design 780's. In my opinion, I doubt they'll be allowed to since a non-reference 780 like MSI's Lightning Edition, ASUS' Matrix, EVGA's Classified etc would easily kill the Titan and they don't want that to happen since it's still a cash cow for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I want that gigabyte one. This reference gtx 680 is killing me and I want to go back to the quiet that was my gtx 660 windforce.

CPU-[i5 3570k-4.6ghz at 1.33v]  GPU-[4gb Zotac GTX 680 1126 core 6800 mem]   MOBO-[Gigabyte Z77 UD4H]   PSU-[Corsair TX 650]   RAM-[2x8gb DDR3 1333 GSkill Ripjaws X]   Case-[Corsair 550D (2xNoctua NF-F12, 1xNoctua NF-A14 intake, 1xNoctua NF-A14 exhaust)]   CPU Cooler-[Noctua NH D14]   Boot Drive-[Crucial m4 256GB SSD]   Game Drive-[500GB Western Digital Caviar Black]   Storage Drive-[2.5" 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black]   Sound Card-[Asus Xonar DG]   Optical Drive-[Lite-On IHAS-124]  Monitor-[Dell U2312HM] Keyboard-[CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-Brown Switches] Mouse-[Logitech G400] Speakers-[Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX]

I want that gigabyte one. This reference gtx 680 is killing me and I want to go back to the quiet that was my gtx 660 windforce.

you realize that a GTX 780 is already very quiet right?

you realize that a GTX 780 is already very quiet right?

It is quiet until you start overclocking. To keep it under 80 C to stop thermal throttling you need a beefier cooler because the blower fan has to ramp up a lot more which makes it louder. At stock yes it is quiet just like my GTX 680 is quiet at stock settings. Overclocked it is a different story though.

CPU-[i5 3570k-4.6ghz at 1.33v]  GPU-[4gb Zotac GTX 680 1126 core 6800 mem]   MOBO-[Gigabyte Z77 UD4H]   PSU-[Corsair TX 650]   RAM-[2x8gb DDR3 1333 GSkill Ripjaws X]   Case-[Corsair 550D (2xNoctua NF-F12, 1xNoctua NF-A14 intake, 1xNoctua NF-A14 exhaust)]   CPU Cooler-[Noctua NH D14]   Boot Drive-[Crucial m4 256GB SSD]   Game Drive-[500GB Western Digital Caviar Black]   Storage Drive-[2.5" 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black]   Sound Card-[Asus Xonar DG]   Optical Drive-[Lite-On IHAS-124]  Monitor-[Dell U2312HM] Keyboard-[CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-Brown Switches] Mouse-[Logitech G400] Speakers-[Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX]

It is quiet until you start overclocking. To keep it under 80 C to stop thermal throttling you need a beefier cooler because the blower fan has to ramp up a lot more which makes it louder. At stock yes it is quiet just like my GTX 680 is quiet at stock settings. Overclocked it is a different story though.

not as loud as my GTX 680 overclocked (what I really meant) lol

You could change the cooler? Get an Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo or something?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

MSI Lightning is coming soon.

Wait for that, it won't disappoint ;)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Is it? GTX770 came out with lightning already, still none seen for gtx780. :|

MSI Lightning is coming soon.

Wait for that, it won't disappoint ;)

I will be nerfed because Nvidia greenlight :c

Asus have shown their direct cu 2 GTX 780. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/GTX-780-DirectCU-II-OC,news-44325.html

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

Msi are doing a lightning edition of the card but are refusing to show it anybody at the moment

There are a bunch of customer cooler cards out. A custom PCB should come out soon as well.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hope so, but they want to milk the reference cards as much as they can before they launch those I suppose. :|

Ah the wait...

Whats wrong with the standard 780 design, i recon it looks damn awesome, And i heard the card runs pretty cool with the stock cooler on.

Custom PCB usually have better VRM and whatnot and allow for better overclock performance.

Yes. Custom cooled 780's will be out soon. Someone like Asus or MSI should implement better VRMs so that the card can stay at a higher boost clock.

Whats wrong with the standard 780 design, i recon it looks damn awesome, And i heard the card runs pretty cool with the stock cooler on.

Haha. Runs at 80C due to GPU boost 2.0 

• 3 weeks later...

That's some weird fan design.. wonder how the noise levels/cooling fare vs the standard ones.

Probably going ASUS this time.  Been with MSI for a while but they've had a design flaw in all their Twin Frozr fan designs so I really don't want to use another card by them unless they fix it.

Really wish they'd come out already.  The 760 is almost out; need that upgrade! :(