How to clean GPU circuit board without isopropyl alcohol or pressure-air in a can?

Because I don't have those 2 things and frankly I find it amusing that everybody expects everybody to have those things in the house.

How do I clean the dust of off the circuit board of a GPU without those things? Because it's a very thin layer but it won't go away, and I will be selling the GPU tomorrow so I want it to look perfect too.

Because I don't have those 2 things and frankly I find it amusing that everybody expects everybody to have those things in the house.

How do I clean the dust of off the circuit board of a GPU without those things? Because it's a very thin layer but it won't go away, and I will be selling the GPU tommorow so I want it to look perfect too.

good luck trying to clean it with anything else, if you have a vacuum you can put the smallest nozzle on and try and get it like that, but be very careful 

Saliva.. No but if you want it to look perfect then you should have bought some compressed air off of amazon.  

good luck trying to clean it with anything else, if you have a vacuum you can put the smallest nozzle on and try and get it like that, but be very careful 

I have a vacuum and tried it at a distance but no go....

I suppose touching the board is out of the question?

Also hair dryer blowing it off also doesn't work.

Air compressor?

Don't have.

Don't have.

You could use a brush, like an old toothbrush or a dry paintbrush. Also you probably shouldn't use a vacuum cleaner, those can create a lot of static I believe.

everybody expects everybody to have those things in the house.

Well, no we expect you to go buy some from a shop, because they are very important for proper PC maintenance

You dont buy a car and go "what you expect me to have engine oil and petrol in my house"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well, no we expect you to go buy some from a shop, because they are very important for proper PC maintenance

You dont buy a car and go "what you expect me to have engine oil and petrol in my house"

grumpy-cat-still-hates-everyone-at-south

Just a dry (new) paint brush should do

Are clean dry brushes okay to use against circuit boards? Just out of interest as I use a hair dryer with a cold setting for general dust but I do find it on the PCB a lot in thin layers.

CPU - i5 4670K || Motherboard - Asus Z87-C  || RAM - Crucial Ballistix Tactical Memory 8GB || GPU - ASUS GTX 970 Strix || Case - Corsair 330R || Storage - 1TB Seagate || PSU - Corsair CX750 || Displays - AOC 21.5 LED x2 || Cooling - Arctic F12 PWM (x2) Corsair 120+140mm || Keyboard - Corsair K70 MX Red || Mouse - Roccat Kova+ || Sound - Thermaltake TTe Shock Headset

Lol this

You could use a brush, like an old toothbrush or a dry paintbrush. Also you probably shouldn't use a vacuum cleaner, those can create a lot of static I believe.

Just a dry (new) paint brush should do

Well okay, I tried using the anti-static bag to brush it off but it was really slow going.

Are clean dry brushes okay to use against circuit boards? Just out of interest as I use a hair dryer with a cold setting for general dust but I do find it on the PCB a lot in thin layers.

Toothbrushes are OK and it depends on the paintbrush.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Lol this

u-wot-m8_fb_2555785.jpg

Ok that made me laugh

But seriously, its highly recommended to spend few bucks and grab the appropriate stuff

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Ok that made me laugh

But seriously, its highly recommended to spend few bucks and grab the appropriate stuff

I did once....

Then it ran out after 2 cleanings, I was not amused.

Paintbrush.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

bbac29a3f0443477e8a4aede58e8aa0b.png

What theeee

Paintbrush.

Only have toothbrush :P

Yeah those canned air thins arent that great. Even air compressors wont get all the dust off a pcb, thats where using a completely dry (again preferably new) fine paint brush. The kind you use in art class not the kind to paint a wall obviously.

Maybe use the cold blower from a distance to blow the dust away as you brush. Be gentle though and dont touch anything with the metal part of the brush. In other words common sense is helpful

Only have toothbrush :P

A small paint brush should be extremely cheap.

A small paint brush should be extremely cheap.

Ehhhhhhhhh, don't want to go out and buy...

Ehhhhhhhhh, don't want to go out and buy...

I suppose a tooth brush would work as well as long as its clean, dry and not too hard. -.-