Whats your desk look like?

Schmarvin

I was trying to grab some new ideas. I'm thinking of building a custom desk and was trying to look for some nice ideas. I'm not doing anything glass, due to having a small kid. I'll probably build a wooden desk, I don't need those fancy desks that adjust height. So, if you wanna post some pictures of your desk, go ahead. I'd love to see it. The desk I'm currently using is a crappy, boring, store-bought desk I believe from Big Lots. Its not even deep enough on the top to hold my computer on it. I believe its only 14-16 inches deep. I do love the fact that it has a pull out keyboard tray that is big enough to hold both a full size keyboard and a mouse (with mousepad). The reason for a new desk? I'd like my computer off the floor (its a full tower case, very heavy though). Plus, I'd like to comfortably fit two monitors on it and still have space to work on the desk, such as writing or working on things.

I don't understand people with small desks.. I barely have room for all my stuff on a Galant.

When i've moved i think i'll either build my pc into my desk or build a custom huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge~~ desk

20140611_170742_zps4994088f.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

here is the main topic!

99% of the posts/images are of the inside or around a computer. Doesn't help me get an idea of what to build.

99% of the posts/images are of the inside or around a computer. Doesn't help me get an idea of what to build.

But, there is already a post for this... Anyway this is what my desk looks like when I'm in Wyoming. In PA it is messy as hell .

No way to attach pictures on mobile so:

http://imgur.com/BF8WfOU

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

A gloss white Ikea table top with black legs?

ymu4yzuv.jpg

This is what mine looks like, the thing that the monitors are sitting on is not attached in any way, its just there to raise them up a bit. the thing on the left is to fill the gap that was left by a small bench that i had there. The entire thing is way overbuilt but it cost me nothing seeing as I used wood that we had lying around. The entire thing is a pretty lazy job as i needed a desk and did not really want to put that much effort into it. They desk surface is actually 3 separate parts and unfortunately they are not all the same height. Every time I need something else on the desk I just make it. They monitor shelf was not part at first and neither was the shelf thing on the left (I actually did that like 4 days ago) One day I will scrap this entire thing and do it properly.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

You know those industrial strength tables used for just about everything that are white and used by every public school for general use?

Bingo. Spent about $1,400 to build my PC from scratch and went Jew mode for the table.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

If you do build your own which i recommend you do, remember not to make the thing to thick at the front because you want to be able to get your legs underneath it. That does not mean it has to be weak though. Reasonable thickness plywood would do the job just fine.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

l8ItyvA.jpg

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

I see you have a mac pro under your desk :)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I see you have a mac pro under your desk :)

hahaha yea the pc you see is just fake 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER